Note to New Members ×

Calling Eric J and all others for ECES

jtslalom

I'm thinking of going to the ECES this year. I had the chance the second year it ran but ended up going to Killington to ride with an old buddy instead. I was wondering if anyone else from the northern NJ and lower NY area is planning on going. Maybe a large car pool could be arranged. I'll drive.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to go towards the end of the week and the weekend. I'm thinking about leaving on a Wednesday night and coming back on Sunday night. I guess that would be 3/5 to 3/9. I have been talking with my wife about it and this is going to be my get away trip up north this year. I try to go away for a couple of days each year and this year I really want to go to the ECES.

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to go to ECES this year......but I have more important matters to attend to - I'll wait for the next one to roll around. I hope you guys have a great time.

JT, I'm sure I'll see you out at least one time at the Creek - I'll be on my usual Mon. - Fri. early mornings schedule for riding, with a few weekends thrown in.

• 2 weeks later...

Eric,

I'm sure I will see you there and I will try to get there in the mornings on my winter break. I will keep you posted. Sorry that you can't make it to ECES. I was telling my buddy Dennis about you. He lives in Vermont and could give us a place to stay. The only problem is he is about an hour from Stowe. Well hope to see you riding this year.

JT -

ECES is not to be missed. I'm sure you'll have a great time. One of the best aspects for me was being able to ride different boards one right after the other - it really highlights the differences between shapes, metal vs. conventional, different brands etc. THE best part though was meeting and riding with soooooo many great people/hardbooters.

I won't be going because my wife and I are expecting our first child to arrive in early March. I'm loving every minute of this experience.

don't listen to Eric..... he'll talk you into letting him sleep on your couch.... and then have the nerve to cook you a full course meal.... damn mooch if you ask me..... :D

Hmmmm.... maybe I could make the ECES this year... hitting the SES for sure....

mmmmmmmmm, SES

I hope you're doing well Mellow - you're probably riding already aren't you. Have fun on the short bus.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi:

I have never try hardboot before(going to my 5th season this year on softboot). Will the ECES an overkilled for a complete newbie? Or is it worth going?

I realize that I have zero talent for pipe/park and I spent most my time grounded. I have seem alpine gear in action and it looks like tons of fun.

Any pointer is appreciated.

One more thing: Anyone deal with the following vendor below? It's seems to be the only alpine game in town for people living in the tri-state area.

The Starting Gate, Inc.

P.O. 267

Route 30

Bondville, VT 05340

877-297-1213

www.startingate.net

Thanks

David

Come to ECES - it will give you a chance to try out a lot of different gear and ride with a friendly bunch who are usually more than willing to give pointers.

I deal with startingate all the time. a couple of their employees post here occasionally. They are a great bunch of people to deal with. I have bought 2 pairs of boots, 3 pairs of bindings, and a board there. They are one of 2 shops that I know in New England who carry alpine gear, and they know their stuff.

Also they are some of the best bootfitters I have ever dealt with and do a great job of tuning.