Note to New Members ×

So, where are YOU boarding in May??

Guest flyski

Guest flyski

Greetings from a "newbie"

Timberline on Mt. Hood is having their annual "Cutters Camp" this week (April 28th) This is where the terrain park guro's come to practice their "art", and leave us with the sickest one mile long park imaginable.

Ski/Board/ride Timberline ALL year (opps we close for 2 weeks in September) THIS SUMMER !!!

BTOBS

Chaz-man

(Be There Or Be Square)

Greetings from a "newbie"

Timberline on Mt. Hood is having their annual "Cutters Camp" this week (April 28th) This is where the terrain park guro's come to practice their "art", and leave us with the sickest one mile long park imaginable.

Ski/Board/ride Timberline ALL year (opps we close for 2 weeks in September) THIS SUMMER !!!

BTOBS

Chaz-man

(Be There Or Be Square)

ALL year except for the two weeks after Labor Day? The lifts hane't run during the week between Labor Day and when the lower mtn is ready to open for years. They changing back this year?

hey "newbie" you dont know if it that will happen or not. it all depends on how much the glacier's still there or receeding. when i worked at t-line, we only had one week off in sepetember just to get the ski lift line troubleshooted, maintained and winterized for the coming winter. so dont be too sure youll be close for two weeks, cuz sometimes itll close much earlier.

EDIT: well, as for where Ill be riding, Ill be riding my motorcycle in Vail area as well as the desert in western CO/eastern UT area. Michelle, I recall there's a single track from the Dillon Cemetary area that will go all the way close to A-basin. Do you know anything of this ?

I'll be boarding.......... the skies

:lol:

It's RC season... time to whip out the RadioControl cars, jets and Heli.

The garage at my friends house just doesn't cut it and the "animals" want out...

2001208473231814448_rs.jpg

Nice "landing" right ?

and Yeah, those blades whipping at 3500 RPM do indeed hurt the shins..... luckily they fold up.... and get stuck in styrafoam garage doors...

That's funny Dave. I used to fly RC a lot but never helis, they scared the crap outta me. I have been thinking of getting back into planes but the last thing I need right now is another hobby draining my finances.

I'm switching over to mountain biking, I ordered a new bike that should arrive in June, and I have between now and then to figure out a way to pay for it :rolleyes: mojo_1a.jpg

A basin has a big shindig planned for Saturday, May 26th. The wife (She doesn't board) and I are going to hear "That 80s Band" play at 1pm. They're friends of mine from back in my full time musician days and I hopefully will get to make some turns with bass player Travis after them belting out renditions of "You spin me" and hits from other one hit wonders from the 80s! (I pray to God that they will have the decency to draw the line at Milli Vanilli :barf: )

ON the snow, look for a little, short guy in a white, Protech full face helmet riding plates.

That be me...... :)

Just back from three days at Whistler. I guess they will be open until about June 1. Conditions were pretty good with lots of snow some rain and some sunshine. I was just kind of wimpy all weekend with lots of very fast skiers coming from above. Something about all of the injuries I have read about here.....

My best runs were on Springboard which was usually empty. It seems like I am doing better with lower angles and wider stance on the Blade. Horrific crash when I got stuck in a grooming rut.

Steve, that bike looks kicken rad !I have a FSS MTB also, but no disc brakes, and it is almost 10 years old. It is in need of being replaced.... where you getting that bike from ?

Right now I'm trying to finance a new 1/5th scale gas Monster Truck ..... I should have the cash all together by the 20th of May..... just short of 2 grand later... LOL

I'm buying it from a friend of mine who is a small dealer for Ibis. The Carbon Mojo is pretty new but it's gotten good reviews so far, I've been riding one (borrowed) and it's great but I have nothing to compare it to in FS except for an old Specialized FSR Comp that was a lot heavier and bobbed quite a bit. The DW-Link on the Ibis is supposed to just about eliminate squatting and it seems to do it pretty well, it was the first thing I noticed riding it because I expected it to ride like the old FSR. Check out the reviews on mtbreview.com or ibiscycles.com. The disk brakes are great but take some getting used to because they work so well.

Guest shrederjen

Already boarded in May!

May 1st, at the Basin.

Yes, it has been warm up there the last few days,

but yesterday ended with 1/4 inch snowballs falling from the sky.

Well, almost 1/4 inch.....

It was fun, anyways!