The New F2 Lineup

Vandalrob08

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well on skis it's not about Hangl but all about Vist plates in the racing world.

They incorporate so much aluminium that the're damn heavy too. Couple this with some bindings of the release range up to DIN 18 or higher that are anything but light and some race stock skis and you might end up around 10kg for a pair of skis. Hangl produced a while ago some insane riser plates for carving (not racing) that lifted you up 6-8cm - Dunno the weight of that plates.

Oh and then skiboots are a lot heavier than snowboard hardboots. Especially plug boots due to the thick plactics.

Which is good because you go through ruts not over them. The weight makes the board track better. The heavier the board the better it tracks.

I could not agree more. Weight is GOOD!!

I understand that most riders want to go as light as possible with their gear.

I find that the heavier boards mass is a definite benefit. If you are on edge it is both powerful and damp. While most are pleased with their super light boards. I am thinking about adding lead strips to my already heavy boards. "Bar down PLEASE"!!

There are benefits to both heavy and light. I'll agree with www.oldsnowboards.com that heavy boards - such as Tinklers - track very well over and through snow that might be otherwise not carve friendly. But you are trading off some agility (harder to change your mind and change the direction or turn shape of the board at the last second) and when you crash, your body takes more of the impact which is transmitted through the board.

KNT stands for Kessler Nose Technology which is the way Hans Kessler designs the nose of the board to reduce vibration..

the whole hangle plate issue i feel is a race related product only.. you really dont need the hangl plate if you are out free carving as, i would hit the lodge before i free rode in conditions that the hangl plate excels in--- icy, rutted up race courses, that are common in todays races..

for free riding i would consider the s flex but not the hangl plate. the advantage to riding a lifted system are there for free riding, but as far as dampening, just stick to early morning grooomers and dont worry about it.

Well I personally would never use a lifted system for freecarving - in freecarving I achieve much higher angles than in racing and therefore love my very low height burton bindings - I could however allways use some more dampening.

For racing adding more leverage means more power to the edge also with fewer angle and is therefore a must. More dampening can't damage either. It's unlike skiing where one main reason for plates in racing and carving is bootout.

Hey Does Anybody Have some more photos of the New F2 Lineup? How About there copy of the Heignl Plate?

SPEEDSTER RS WC EDITION 169: G60 Douglas core, titanium construction, Carbon equalizer system, Higspeed nano racebase, stone diamond finish.

specs: eff. edge 1530mm front 223.6mm, middle 188mm ,end 223.3mm

radius 14200mm, recommended stance 48cm

SPEEDSTER RS WC EDITION 183 specs:

specs: eff edge 1670mm, front 244mm, middle 198mm, end 234mm,

radius 16400mm, recommended stance 50cm

Guest GunnarN
SPEEDSTER RS WC EDITION 169: G60 Douglas core, titanium construction, Carbon equalizer system, Higspeed nano racebase, stone diamond finish.

specs: eff. edge 1530mm front 223.6mm, middle 188mm ,end 223.3mm

radius 14200mm, recommended stance 48cm

SPEEDSTER RS WC EDITION 183 specs:

specs: eff edge 1670mm, front 244mm, middle 198mm, end 234mm,

radius 16400mm, recommended stance 50cm

Hans: Do you have the specs for rs 177 and sl 163 WC edition? Do you have an opinion about how stiff the rs wc is compared to the ordinary board from last season?

Gunnar

Norway

Hans: Do you have the specs for rs 177 and sl 163 WC edition? Do you have an opinion about how stiff the rs wc is compared to the ordinary board from last season?

Gunnar

Norway

SPEEDSTER RS 177:V30 quadrax Carbon .TCS system G50PowerCore,F-8000 nanobase,stonediamond finish, Tatanium TCSⅡ/titanal

specs: eff.edge 1605mm, front 234mm, middle 192mm, end 233mm,

radius 15000mm, recommended stance 49cm .

SPEEDSTER SL WC EDITION 163

specs: eff.edge 1450mm, front 255.6mm, middle 200mm, end 247.6mm

radius 9500mm, recommended stance 50cm

Not demoed yet, may be this fall (glacier). Can't compare these with last season. Didn't have the time to demo them.

Normal and WC edition stiffness difference about 10%.

• 3 months later...