Note to New Members ×

Steep and cheap

pebu

It's showing something else now.. :(

You just about have to be sitting there when someone posts a SAC alert. They often only last seconds or minutes at best. Here is the photo of the deal.

Here is a link to Desktop alerts that will help you break the budget in short order!

post-198-141842232097_thumb.jpg

That Toko set comes up often as does the iron by itself.

Steep and Cheap is the crack of the Internet. Just a sec, I need a fix.

I would like to get the higher quality one they also have on BAC. I believe my good old 50's iron works the best. Nothing like pure beef. The amount of metal (weight) is what helps it hold the temp. Unfortunately the controls are far from precise on the old irons. Bit of anticipating is required. Don't smoke that wax!!!

Yep, SAC is definitely addictive. The really good stuff is gone in seconds.

I just did a storage coat of wax for next season on my family's gear.

Our club will do it for $15 which isn't bad. But when you add up my 3 boards, my wife's 2 boards, both of our skis, my 3 kids each have skis and 2 of them have boards - ouch.

I have been borrowing an iron for a six-pack. I should invest in one. I'll keep watching backcountry outlet.

my buddy scored that Toko iron, great deal.

The Dakine bags for cheap are getting out of control.

Pulled the trigger on 2 "Pipe" bags, 135 cm and 157 cm for kite gear, $13 each and the kid on the phone was a BOL'r, knows Noah and was heading for the nationals. :biggthump

The really good stuff is gone in seconds......too bad everyone knows about SAC now. :mad:

what could make an iron worth that much? Its just a piece of metal that heats up to a specified temp, isn't it?

dude, it's YELLOW. Imagine if it were white and marketed by apple, it'd be like $400 bucks :lol:

iRONic

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGHty_S0TU0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGHty_S0TU0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

post-123-141842232107_thumb.jpg

You just about have to be sitting there when someone posts a SAC alert. They often only last seconds or minutes at best. Here is the photo of the deal.

Here is a link to Desktop alerts that will help you break the budget in short order!

any true SAC enthusiast has RSS on his hi tech cell phone/PDA and gets alerted every time a women's turtleneck is up for grabs.

I paid $1 for an old iron (no holes, weighs a ton) at a garage sale. Works great.

Here too. Works pretty good, though the controls kinda suck. Alot of time is spent equalizing the temp.

what could make an iron worth that much? Its just a piece of metal that heats up to a specified temp, isn't it?

There is a suprising amount of instrumentation that goes into precision. The cost probably goes up with the square of precision. And precision is just what these irons boast.

yeah I'm a SAC addict too though lately I have been loathe to check it because it sucks away so much funding for things I need.

Think you guys got it bad?

I work like 2 minutes from their warehouse.

I have to answer lots of questions every month about the credit card bills.

"What did you buy this time?!?!?!?!?!"

Guys:

Why don't we start trading SAC buys on Bomber? I know it's new stuff but none of it competes with what Bomber is selling so I don't think Fin would have an objection.

Buying online is always a crapshoot so sometimes I end up with stuff that doesn't fit or is not exactly what I anticipated. Returning to SAC is an option and there is gearaddicts, but why not share the goods with a Bomberite who could use them?

Maybe we could post to the Classifieds by pre-pending the title with "SAC Swap". For example:

SAC Swap: Helly Hansen shorts, girl's size small

Henry

after use a iron that was made for waxing you'll understand why people are willing to spend the cash on one

in particular they are worth it when you work with super hard waxes or flouros

a old school iron from the '50s that is made of steel and weighs 30 lbs is the next best thing as long as it has no holes but still it's hard to get them at a stable temp which is really important with super hard waxes since they melt at a temp which is somewhat close to the temps that will damage your base