Note to New Members ×

If my stupidity could fly I would had made it

Przemek/Brooklyn

I just injured myself (probably tear rotator cuff http://www.shouldersandknees.com/Struhl_rot_cuff.html ) or heavy bruised some meat inside.<O:p

Need to visit a doctor if it is not getting better

Here is a video how it happed:<O:p

<O:p

<O:p

This was a jump that I build few weeks ago when we had this big storm before president week.

It was working just fine and unless you hesitate on the approach you could easily clear the stream

Few thinks happened since then:<O:p

1) Jump has lost at least 2 feet of height when we had this meltdown last week.<O:p

2) River got a little wider another 2 feet <O:p

3) Snow was slower<O:p

I failed to acknowledge above factors

Now I need to carve with quiet upper body, bomber style no more EC for me, at least for this weekend.:( <O:p

Of course I need to increase a height of the jump and maybe extend approach and I will try again. <O:p

So sorry to hear you hurt yourself. I have been out since January with a very hard fall on my shoulder. :mad: It hurt so bad that I didn't think it was possible that I did not break anything. Of course I did not.

I've been to two doctors, xrays and physical therapy. So I am not a doctor, but I have learned a bit about the shoulder in the last couple of months.

If this just happened, rest, ice and ibuprofen 800mg every 8 hours to keep swelling down.

My therapist said that you don't usually get cuff tears without a big movement of the arm. As in torn up and away from the body. Impact such as you and I did, definitely inflame the bursa causing lots of swelling in the joing and a very sharp pain right at the bony top of the shoulder that ( for me ) radiates down the outside of my upper arm. The first couple of weeks I could barely lift my arm.

My doc gave me steroid shot with numbing in it. Then tested range of motion without pain and it was fine. with movement all around. Hard to believe it still worked with as much pain as I had.

Hope you heal quicker than I am.

I could not do tv i am not good enough at jumps (obviously)

Yes there where softies,

I do carve most of time this is a little jump I build next to my rental house so we <O:p</O:phave something to do after riding

I think he meant the "J******" show... :lol:

I think he meant the "J******" show... :lol:

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

When you get knocked down you gotta get back up,

I ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer but I know enough, to know,

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

sorry Przemek, heal up brutha :biggthump

Of course I need to increase a height of the jump and maybe extend approach and I will try again :lol: now, that's the spirit !