Note to New Members ×

SES 07 photos

Donek

The light wasn't the greatest during the Session, so I only got to shoot photos 2 days. I think I got quite a few good shots, but would have liked to see more people participate in the shoots.

It won't be long before the women are giving clinics at the sessions. I rode quite a bit with some of them and was somewhat intimidated. There were some really amazing women riders there this year. So here are a few photos of them.

130523201-L.jpg

130496571-L.jpg

130490278-L.jpg

130490263-L.jpg

130490111-L.jpg

It was actually harder to get the guys to participatein the photo shoots. Here a few of them

130490154-L.jpg

130490129-L.jpg

130490134-L.jpg

130496487-L.jpg

130496531-L.jpg

130496550-L.jpg

130496581-L.jpg

If you want to see the rest of the SES photos, just go to: http://www.donek.smugmug.com/gallery/2486650

hey sean...scanning those pics I saw at least one G-Force board. Were those in the tent? How'd people like em?

The last photo in this post is Alexis Angelides from G-force. We had 4 blades in the tent. Alexis did most of the work with people on the Blades, so I can't tell you too much about the feedback. He can probably comment when he gets a chance to post.

hey sean...scanning those pics I saw at least one G-Force board. Were those in the tent? How'd people like em?

I tried one, but it was on a cuttin' through crud day. I had fun and seemed to be tilting it pretty good, but I didn't get to try it on the groomers due to extenuating circumstances so I can't offer a complete review for you. The stance was definitely something new.

I can say that Alex was a really cool guy and I hope he and Sean sell a lot of these boards.

Very well captured moments and with good quality, regardless of suboptimal weather. :biggthump

OT: what lens was used? From pictures it appears to be 70-200 f/2.8, I assume that it's Nikkor lens, not Sigma? Sigma has slightly warm color cast, whereas Nikkor has neutral, as it seems to be in pictures.

I tried Sigma's 50-150 f/2.8, but results were disappointing, thus now I'm pondering whether to use Nikkor 70-200 for best results (its weight and size are main consideration factors, it will be quite tiresome to ride and shoot with this beast all day) or try Nikkor's new 70-300 for my next photo "assignment"...

Thank you Sean for taking time away from your own riding to take clicks of everyone. It's greatly appreciated!

As for all the ladies at SES, I'd have to say that we represented ourselves nicely. It was a pleasure to meet and ride w/such a great bunch of women. I can't wait for next year :biggthump

Todd Brown: "It ain't no thang."

Jack, you should've seen Todd rock Highlands back bowl, on that very same 190-something Donek.. I defaulted to the girlie 160-something burton...and couldn't keep up. Good Times! Hope you can make it out in 2008.

Sean, thanks for the pictures, I feel guilty for talking you into riding without the camera after lunch, on our day off....Who knew the week would go by so fast?

post-520-141842229238_thumb.jpg

Thanks for taking the pictures sean! They look Great! Its too bad that we didnt have better light on some of the great snow days! You definately put some great efforts in to get these pictures to turn out. . .

And by the way paul, I switched to the 182 axxess for the Bowl . . . Im not that "Balls to the wall." It was great trying to keep up with you all week!