Note to New Members ×

Best wrist protection: Level Gloves vs Flexmeter

Michael_A

Any opinions? Not finding much using search function.

Level seems like a big reputable company but not sure how much protection the glove really offers. Flexmeter a smaller outfit but seems to offer much more "substantial" support. Both same price, "designed by doctors".

Third option is the "no gomer" but that seems hust too bulky to me. I'll be wearing one of these three after my wrist heals!

Michael

I used to wear SB specific wristguards under my gloves. The Level gloves did not feel as supportive as the wristguards when I started using them, but now that I have "tested" them, they have proven me wrong.

It seems to me (and I could be wrong) that the tighter you cinch up the wrist support on the Levels, the more support you get.

To me, they work, and buying them is one more way to support the Bomber store, so I recommend them. :biggthump

Last year, I bought a pair of Level gloves from Bomber.

I had been using a combo of a palm snowboard wrist protector and the top portion of my wrist guard for roller blades. This is the most solid piece of wrist protection I have ever seen for snowboarding. Sadly, there are a few drawbacks.

First, they are one of a kind (I cannot find the snowboard portion in store anymore) :(

Second, they fit over the gloves. I don't mind where they sit but eventually the nylon straps wear out from the abrasion and I need get those straps changed.

After putting on, the Level gloves, I did not feel as secure compared to my usual set-up. The palm section was good but I felt like the top portion was too weak for me. Actually, it would not be fare to compare them since they are totally different in concept.

So, here I am with a pair of brand new gloves (xl) 9.5 collecting dust.

If ever you want this brand new pair of gloves still with stickers, they are for sale at $80 shipped!

If ever you would like to see me current set-up, I could post a picture or 2.

Cheers!

Honestly? Any of them, but I prefer Seirus gloves rather than those. The reason is simple: They are cheap like these:

Seirus gloves at Campmor

And the reason I emphisize on "cheap" is that none of material is durable enough to wear and tear you encounter in snowboarding especially in carving hard. They will look like junk just after one season anyway... unless you go to slopes rarely like myself these days. But if you spend weeks on slopes during season then you could pay a lot money for some palm reinforced gloves and still see that all area around looks like after fight with a dog.

I just got myself a pair of the Flexmeter Mittens.

I had a nasty crash on my skater about six weeks ago and there was no way I was going to miss the snow season due to some lame injury, so......... Flexmeter Mittens have allowed me to snowboard on regardless of injury. I have of course been fairly carefull but I`ve still had a few crashes where my wrist took a hammering but thanks to the level of support in the Flexmeter wrist gaurds I`ve not even felt it.

Check out.........

http://flexmeterjapan.com/en/productswms.html

This year, I've used the Level Super Pipe Pro gloves about 20 days. Let's just say the Biomex wrist protection has proven itself to me. It is a hard concept to get used to. I used to wear rigid protection that support the wrist front and back. When one looks at the Level Biomex support system, it seems small and too flexable. But, per others, I went for it and couldn't be happier. They are way more comfortable than the rigid guards I've used in the past but still really help guard against injury.

I've not tried the other level gloves or mitts, but the super pipe pro is made with Gortex XCR for waterproofing. They also have the Outlast insulation (that heat store/transfer stuff) which I had in my last gloves and will never buy any other kind.

Enough talk. I'm headed up the mountain for a few days! 9 new inches in the last couple days. aaaaaand I'm gone.

Guest Crosbie

I've always used the Level gloves (Super Pipe Pro).

I'm on my second pair after about 20-30 weeks of riding (2-3 weeks per year). The velcro on the first pair got a bit dishevelled - now repaired for backup gloves.

No wrist broken, but then I can't recall landing badly on a hand/wrist. Perhaps one soon learns not to use ones hands during landing?

I've been using No Gomers. Very stiff and protective. They fit over the gloves, so my main complaints are that they can accumulate snow in the cracks and it's one extra layer of stuff to deal with every time you need to do anything with your hands. Otherwise happy with them.

I need them done as idiot wristguards or something, because I can't seem to keep a set around for more than a few months. Available at reliableracing, except they say out of stock. I had luck calling Auclair directly.