Note to New Members ×

MAC Tracks '07

Phil

February 9th is just 2.5 weeks away. Last year, MAC Tracks was a blast. Hopefully we have learned a few things and we can make it better this year.

This year we will again have the circle carve comp:

Beginners will try to complete a circle.

Experts will use their imagination...???

We will have a limbo comp - and there will be lower detents on the bar this year to eliminate the tall guy sooner.

Neil Sunday - Ski Rountop Race Coach will be setting a course and giving a race clinic. There will also be time to run the course.

There will be a beginner/lower intermediate carving clinic in the afternoon.

There will also be an advanced/expert carving clinic at the same time.

Arrive around 8:30am and ride until you can't stand up.

Who's in???

I got the day off work, so I will be heading up. I'm pumped. I've been riding hard boots for over 10 years and I've never seen more than 2 other plate riders on a single day, even in New England and CO. I've never been to Roundtop, so is there a place to meet? Is there a special rate for lift tickets? Any other info besides get there at 8:30am? If not, I'll plan on getting out of my car and look for the first person with hard boots and a board and just start following the herd.

Sorry for the delay:

MAC Tracks '07 Schedule of events:

8:30am Arrive and meet in the Alpine Room (same as last year)

Sign a waiver for said events.

9:05am Race Clinic starts at the top of Exhibition (course will be available

to run until lunch)

9:55am Circle Carve Comp will meet at the top of Minuteman

10:55am Limbo Carve Comp will meet at the top of Minuteman

12:00pm Lunch Break

12:45pm Group picture outside the Alpine Room

1:00pm Beginner/Intermediate Carve Clinic will meet at the Alpine Room

Advanced/Expert Carve Clinic will meet at the top of Minuteman

All events are optional. Come to as many or as few as you want.

Ride as long as the your lift ticket allows.

See you on the slopes!

i won't be there to document the event this year. if someone could please take pics and some vids (especially of the circle carve comp), that would be sweet.

have a blast ya'll...i'm jealous.

Barry

I'm on it. I'm a website photographer for a DC United supporters group called La Barra Brava and I take over 200 pics per game. www.Barra-Brava.com I've also done some video camera work for Comcast on our group.

I'm down to bring both to the event and get some footage, but I would really appreciate it if others would volunteer to take some pics and footage with my equipment so I can get in some of the shots. Just like the website and that YouTube link, I'm never in any pics. It's a sacrifice I enjoy making, but it would be nice to show my friends what I do on the weekends in the winter. I will edit a video and put it on YouTube for all to enjoy and put pics up on my website and forward pics to anyone else who wants to post them.

Anyone who would be down to help out, I wear a red helmet, black jacket, light grey pants, red UPS Boots, and a black Vokl Renn Tiger.

http://web.mac.com/mikeeasby/iWeb/Site/Gallery_files/img010.jpg

See you all Friday. I'm pumped. 13 year hard booter, 1st time MACer

took the day off from work. Daughters birthday is saturday, wife said it was cool, She had it under controll... monday night.. Work overload to the nth degree.. (Yes for all you real estate worry warts , the market is picking up) have to bag any snowboarding for 2 weeks it looks like. Spring Market is early.

You have no Idea how p-d off I am. I had everything packed and a place to crash on thursday night for a early arrival. Can someone photoshop my pic in the group photo? Im supposed to be there, not doing inspections for someone buying a house. ( I even was going to bring my shiny new coiler)

Oh well money calls.

I hope conditions are great for everyone and everyone is safe.

Matt

main reason for my absence is i've had another trip planned for a very long time(did this trip last year and it was a total blast). as luck would have it, my season consisted of 4 runs this year, as you know i was hit by another rider and fell back on my arm (or somehow twisted it) and hurt my shoulder:

1. superior labral tear

2. partial thickness rotator cuff tear

3. possible greater tuberiosity fracture

so i can't ride anyway. rats.

tear it up on that blue donek Mark. u know i'd so be there if i could. oh , WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE HAVE A FEW BEERS last Neil Sunday, Rod, and myself did last year! don't give one to that little carver girl though (dragonsword) hahah...jk she's an awesome little rider!

Phil......Ar you working at Bear Creek yet?

I am just doing the freestyle coaching on Tuesday nights. It has had a slow start, but the people who have come out have really been stoked about it. BC has really good beginner F/S terrain, so we have seen a lot of improvement quickly there. It has been a blast for me - except for the drive. We should be moving sometime after the season is over, so I will be full time there next year.

For now, I am still FT at Roundtop.

Is the Race Clinic open to everyone?

I've never done any racing but think it would be fun to try.

However, if the clinic is for experienced racers, I don't want to be way out of my league!

Also, what kind of things will be covered in the carving clinics?

I'd consider myself an advanced intermediate so I don't know if I be bored in the Beginner/Intermediate Carve Clinic and should instead try the Advanced/Expert Carve clinic?

For those who are new to SRT, when you arrive, look for our courtesy staff. They will be wearing red, white, and blue jackets. You can either tell them that you are attending MAC Tracks or ask where the Alpine room is. They will show you the way.

Are the messages here moderated?

I posted something an hour ago and I still don't see it. I'll ask again in case that message got lost:

Is the race clinic for experienced racers or is it something that any rider would benefit from ?

Also, what kind of things will be covered in the beginner/intermediate carve clinic vs. the advanced/expert clinic.

I consider myself an advanced intermediate and am not sure which one to attend.

Is the race clinic for experienced racers or is it something that any rider would benefit from ?.

They are open to anyone and will probably benefit lower level racers and newbies the most, but experienced racers would probably pick up some stuff as well.

Also, what kind of things will be covered in the beginner/intermediate carve clinic vs. the advanced/expert clinic.

I consider myself an advanced intermediate and am not sure which one to attend.

Very simple - the advanced clinic WILL be on on blacks and double blacks. If that is not for you, stick with the beginner/intermediate clinic. There will be skills and drills in the beg/int clinic that should help riders of all abilities, but the advanced clinic will be on terrain that some may not want to find themselves on.

The bottom line is that the only event that will be over anyone's head tomorrow will be the adv/exp clinic. Everything else will be "fun for the whole family".

Hope this helps.

The techniques taught in the adv/exp clinic will be applicable on upper gun, but the clinic will most likely not go over there. Last year we did a lot of work on lower gun and upper ramrod.

If for some reason they groom upper gun (that rarely happens) and it is groomed WELL, we may venture over there. Otherwise, no.

Who wants to see a whole group of hardboot carnage?;)

The way that gunbarrel has been so far this year, only the MOST skilled riders can ride it well. I have seen some experts body surf (including airborne drops) to the bottom after the first unsuccessful turn.