Note to New Members ×

MAC Tracks '07

Phil

Sorry, I should not have spoken for Neil.

I was in no way incinuating that Neil could not teach advanced stuff. The fact is that the majority of the people who will attend the clinic will not be high level racers so Neil will most likely have to focus on the more fundamental elements of racing.

Thanks to everyone who attended MAC Tracks today. I believe that a great day was had by all.

I would like to give a special thanks to Neil for all of his work taking care of the race course and running the race clinic. Thanks also to John A. and Mark B. for helping Neil set the course.

A special thanks also goes out to JB for running the expert clinic. I heard a lot of good things about it and I am sure that everyone benefitted.

A personal thanks goes to Scott S. (the Noodle) for all of his help.

I apologize that things were a little off today. I have been home with two sick girls all week and have not been working at the mountain. That made it difficult to put the finishing touches on the event, but you guys were very gracious with me - so thanks to all of you for overlooking my shortcomings.

If you are interested, we have a mailing list through which we (the Mid Atlantic Carvers) keep in touch with each other. You can sign up for it at: http://www.nosila.net/mailman/listinfo/mac

post-175-141842228742_thumb.jpg

A big shout out to Phil for all the time to organize an event like this for us Mid Atlantic Guys to get together... It's only a couple days a season I get to ride with other hardbooters (aside from the kids on my team)... I truly enjoyed a day where I could ride the lift with people of the same direction- compared to usually sitting beside a skier who wants to know if what's on my feet is an "actual snowboard."

Thanks Phil!

Big thanks to Phil and the gang for putting on another great event. Phil even saved the day for my wife by having some extra binding parts laying around. Ordered her some new TD2's to replace the Burtons when we got home. I've got some pics that I'll be posting up soon.

Here's one of Neil Sunday doing the limbo.

post-1720-141842228765_thumb.jpg

Guest dragonsword5

I had so much fun this year! I was really glad I could make it up. Thanks to Phil for setting up the event and for Neil for the racing!

I'm hoping I can make it up. Or down I should say since I'll be in Vermont next year.

Mark Brown brought a case of beer for Big Daddy. He certainly deserved it for the conditions that he gave us on Friday. Unfortunately, I dropped the ball on getting him to visit us in the Alpine room for MAC Tracks.

I gave it to him this morning on behalf of Mark and the MAC Tracks crew.

Here are the pics:

post-175-141842229113_thumb.jpg

post-175-141842229115_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Phil, JB and all others who set up Mac Tracks '07. My first time, but I will be back!!

I was pleasantly shocked at the "carving quality" of the snow!! Better than I have seen at Windham in 2 years !!

Maybe I should get a Season Ticket next year at SkiRoundtop!!

Hope to see you all at the Annual Windham Carvefest February 24 & 25. wd just got 30" of new snow today!!

Thanks again!! Bricky