Note to New Members ×

Hotels in Whitefish MT?

Dan

I'm heading out to Whitefish at the end of the month to ride Big Mountain. Can anyone recommend a place to stay in town that's near the Amtrak station? Price range around $100-$150/night would be great.

Also: any good carving runs out there?

Dan - I think we lodged at the Best Western but this was a mile or so from "downtown". You might find something on the mountain . . . Hello Shred?

For dinner - gotta go to Mambo Italiano. Try to get there early and sit up front at the bar to catch all the (cooking) action. Best place in town!!

Best run - IMO, Ed's run - fixed grip chair, wide open, less attacks approaching from behind.

Do check out the on mountain Hell Roarin basin bar for lunch.

the snow bus runs all over town for free so no worries on where you stay. If price is a huge option you can stay in kalispell or bigfork much cheaper. grouse mtn is at the lake on the way to the mtn and there are condo's half way up as well. The snow bus also runs down the valley as far as bigfork I believe but i will have to check up on it.

http://www.bigmtn.com/mod/content/snowbus0607.pdf

Hey everyone, thanks for the input. Grouse Mountain Lodge looks gorgeous, but we wound up going with Kandahar Lodge: it's ski-in/ski-out, and we got a 2 nights for the price of one deal. Woot!

We're stoked to head out there in two weeks; just hope that Big Mt. has a little more base by then.

Cuban - no kidding? I pull in on Amtrak at 7:30 a.m. Thursday the 25th. We'll be riding three days: 25/26/27.

Mind you, I'll be with my girlfriend, who's a competent skier but probably can't keep up if we really cut loose. It will help that the longest skinniest board I bring will be a 168 BX deck, so I won't be able to get <u>too</u> crazy.

Want to hook up for some turns sometime on the 25th? It's my first time at Big Mountain, so I'd love to get some tips on good runs, etc.

Awesome - would be great to meet up on Thursday if you're so inclined. I just shot Cuban Carving Gooding an e-mail - I'm guessing that I'll be able to meet somewhere on the hill anytime after noon on Jan 25 (Thursday). I'll post when we get our plans set and maybe we can all meet up.