Note to New Members ×

15Dec2007: Winter officially sucks in Eastern Canada

alexeyga

We've had a record snow year so far in Saskatoon but our local hill is closed due to head-butting between the operators and the government. So all this snow on the ground but I've got to drive 90 minutes to the next closest pimple of a hill. Oh well, gonna be in Banff for a week in February, hear it's rockin' out there.

Anywhere west of Calgary seems to be doing pretty well, too. I had a great day in the piles of powder on Wed, and Sunshine got another 18cm last night. KHMR has had about 50cm in the last few days. This is certainly the best winter so far, of the four I've spent here.

I feel for you guys, but you're welcome to visit.

It's technically still fall...so maybe the WINTER won't be too bad. ***Dump on Dec 21 Dump on Dec 21 Dump on Dec 21 Dump on Dec 21*** Think snow!

I'm ready to make some fire on the back yard tonight and dance butt-naked all night long worshiping global warming spirits... perhaps they will be kind enough to dump at least something up here... ple-e-e-e-e-se!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angryfire

Hey Derf, I was thinking the same thing this afternoon. I ended up not taking my bike out, though.

Today we not only had a thunderstorm that was so strong it shook the floor of my apartment, but when it did stop raining, I was warm enough to go out in a T-shirt and jeans.

I didn't go riding at all last season. I really hope this season won't be as bad, but I suspect it will. :( I have a brand new Prior WCR 175 that I bought in the summer of 2005 that I haven't tried out yet. Ugh !

Now may be the time to finally take a trip out west.

'later...

It's sad because Monday and Tuesday night conditions at st-sauveur were actually Very good considering the lack of snow, I even took out the coiler for a spin on tuesday night it was amazing. Usually at this time of the year I've gone about 10 times riding but now 3.

They even reported some golf courses to be open this weekend around montreal.

Kids at my school are freaking out because we have to cancel the ski club outing next tuesday.

Terrible.

many of my co workers are meteroligists (i work for a weather company) and this is an El Nino year. one of them says this means milder temps but more precip. to me that means more snow if you're at a good eleveation, otherwise a ****ty winter. he himself is not convinced of the phenomenen, though. the DC area certainly is way above monthly averages, which can be foudn on the net. it's currrently 57 out.

i've yet to have my first day. it'll happen, i'm remaining patient.

I'll be at Sunshine tomorrow (Banff).

18 cm/last 24 hours

38 cm/last 3 days

So while not record...acceptable :D

On a last-minute note, it's been a few years since I've been to Sunshine. Any specific area recommendations? (I'm leaving in six hours...)

If you think you've got it bad ................

Les Gets Snow Report for 15/12/2006

Last snowed: 09/12/2006

Lifts open: 0 out of 48

Snow Depths

Lower slopes: 10 cm

Upper slopes: 30 cm

Les Arcs Snow Report for 15/12/2006

Last snowed: 09/12/2006

Lifts open: 0 out of 54

Snow Depths

Lower slopes: 15 cm

Upper slopes: 55 cm