Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Our belief is run it to the ground, on all our machines, saws, drill rigs and vehicles. Outside looking in, that may seem like a foolish or even barbaric belief. There still comes a point when the numbers are telling you to move on from an asset and we do.

So for skidsteer, that time is in the 6-7 year old range. It's not that easy though, we need to make our money also on our investment. So this also needs to happen before we trade it in, the return on investment needs to be at least 4-5. So if a machine cost us $30,000 in 2006. In 2012 the net revenue on the unit should be at $120,000. That is allot harder to do than it looks. The rental rate on a S130 is $215/day. $645/week. $2,150/month. If the machine is out around the clock and never sitting for 60 months, then the $120m is very easy to get too. That's never the case though, the machines will sit, have breakdowns etc, etc. If you find a 2006 with 12,000hrs on, the fhucker was run hard, 2000hrs a year is rough. So your always looking for a machine that has annually only put on 1200-1500hrs per year.

So to try and answer our question, you should be looking for a machine that is around 6-7+ years old with around 7000hrs. Hopefully the GUY your buying from has made his money, which will give you more leverage with negotiations. The GUY wants/needs to sell, it may not be economical for him to keep it. One GUYS trash could be another GUYS treasure, if your a good mechanic and your the owner/operator you can find great value in a used machine.

GFYS

Btw it's oktoba fest up at GoOn this weekend, washed my boot last night, she's ready for some St. Paulie.

La Men................... yah that GUY speaks the broken puck !!! Next time I see you, I'll speak some broken puck for ya.....Hilarious !!!

The old 9 series is still around, they just changed the part number about 6-7 years ago. The 953 was replaced by the S300.

Love the rock bucket, works much better with a track machine. The one flaw I don't like about the bradco one like you have is when your scooping up rocks you really have to concentrate keeping the teeth in the ground, because of the stupid hump about 10" behind the teeth, the front tires come off the surface 50% of the machines footprint.

Awesome for split wood !

Holy $hit...................not fur nuthin GUY but WTF is up..........................Your a wicked pissa hard on!!!!!

Still smokin butts ???

You coming phinot rodin this winta off the 32 ???

Bring your other half with ya, and his wicked pissa brotha.........You GUYS can stand side by each on the PBR deck smokin ya butts !!

GFY

Bang!

• 3 weeks later...

Usually the artist formerly known as petee would be shakin the beehive this time a year! But he no where to be found. It looks like the mighty GoOn should be open next satday! I have to be there for my orientation anyways, let me know if any of you $hit bums will be attending the opening act of 12-13, I'll get out early for some turns.

GFYS !!

So I walked in the door, wound up, and kicked him in the nuts. As Bola laid on the floor writhing in pain, I stood over him and said " thats from MR. JOHN PHUCKING DEERE!!" As he slowly got up, he said " tell mr. john phucking deere to go phuck himself, his $hit is in the mail" To which I said "okay" . Then he handed me my warrenty replacement for my old virus, a brandy new 195, thas right, a 195 sparten. Thing is huge

mario

HANFDAGFYS

Edited by big mario

it was great to get together and see everybody yesterday! wasn't that a funny story about me almost hitting a moose on the way to the MOUNTAIN for our get together? that was a lot of fun picking out our mugs together in the pbr together after ridung all day together. how about the guy that wouldn't listen and wouldn't shut up!! wow good times!!!together

anyway, go phuck every single one of yous yourself

The best part of my opening day is a tie.

It's between,

the 20 minutes that Loon management basically singled me out of a crowd of 50+ employees coming down with new parameters on employee benefits.

Then as I'm trying to get out of there as fast as fhukkin possible before they bring up the tobacco policy, Chappy gets stopped by the Gestapo as he's trying to jam a slice down his throat, and gets interrogated for 20+ minutes by an old timer from Plywood. Fhukkin hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

"So Glenn are you ASII certified"

"You aren't "

"why not"

"who's your supervisor"

" do you intend on getting certified"

" do they know you aren't certified"

" yeah............................I am "

" yeah........................... level III, no biggy "" yeah i've been here 30+ years "

"what do you do for work "

" yeah........................... I've been calling balls and strikes down in Plywood for 30 years now "

I'm still laughing !!!!

GFYS

• 2 weeks later...

I read this below today, it was an email from a close friend, and it couldn't be more spot on. I remember when this scam artist above in SHTEVO's post, won the previous election in 08. Shorthly there after the $hit hit the fan for MY industry, and we had to make layoffs. No work, no need to keep 90+ UNION saw cutters on the books, lets cut back to 60 UNION Scumbags and stay lean until the economy picks up again.

As they were all bitching and complaining as they were walking out the door with their last paychecks, I noticed that they were all getting into their JAP cars, I said to myself, "well you voted for him, NOT me GFYS you FHukkin sell outs " !

Dear Employees:

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to

the fact that Barack Obama is our President and that our taxes and

government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%.

But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the

dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off sixty of our employees instead.

This has really been bothering me since I believe we are family here

and I didn't know how to choose who would have to go.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lots

and found sixty 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars

and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go.

I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem.

They voted for change......I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

Edited by MR. JOHN DEERE !
Im movin to Canada !!!!!!!!!