Note to New Members ×

Off The Grid:new Warren Miller Movie

eastcoasticerider

HEY.....SNOW FREAKS.....check out PKNPK.com and see if you are near a viewing theater that is going to be showing OFF THE GRID....you may be able to get a free lift ticket for fabulous Peek N'Peak in Clymer New York...

Buffalo...Rochester & Syracuse........If you go and dont want the pass please send to me. :biggthump:lurk:

Yeah, his son was a stupid little ****e but I still enjoy the movies and the experience of going to the Palace with 300 other skibums/nuts and getting all kinds of free schwag before during and after the show. Last year Warren still narrarated and it was good. Someone should beat his son into the ground though for almost ruining a GREAT thing.

________

Ford cargo history

I'm going with about 40 people from work. Should be a good night out.

(Among the other great things about my new job, they have a very active ski and snowboard club. Last year they went on a 3 day cat ski trip that was apparently awesome. I hope they do the same this season).

Sure the format is tired, but the camerawork is always great and some of the music is good too. And I always look forward to seeing what nutcase new extreme sport they showcase each year.

Go to http://www.skinet.com/skinet/warrenmiller/0,27203,,00.htmland go to check schedule in your area, ad click special offers. In AZ we get a free telluride lift pass with only a few blackout dates among other stuff. Those in denver get a copper and winterpark with some fine print. Well worth 16 bucks even if the film sucks. I'm gonna bring everyone I know including non-snow sporters and rack in some lift tickets... I love telluride.

• 1 month later...

I didn't go to the last two or so movies, since I was also tired of the format. I find they got to the point where the movies started to feel like skiers trying to copy a snowboarding movie. Seeing skiers hit jumps in the park is boring. I want to see deep, steep and exotic.

But this year I might. I'm really feeling anxious about the start of this season, despite the seemingly non-stop rain and forecast of another really warm winter -- probably because I didn't go riding at all last season.

'later...

I just noticed something. Here in Montreal, they've always had 2 showings: one in english and one in french. I've been to both, though not in the same year, and they were both pretty full. The french showing was always sold out.

This year, however, they're only having one showing: english with french subtitles. Could the attendance have really dropped that much in the last two years to justify cutting one of the showings ?

'later...

I just noticed something. Here in Montreal, they've always had 2 showings: one in english and one in french. I've been to both, though not in the same year, and they were both pretty full. The french showing was always sold out.

This year, however, they're only having one showing: english with french subtitles. Could the attendance have really dropped that much in the last two years to justify cutting one of the showings ?

'later...

I don't know if it's that a) people got tired, stopped going and the prices went up or b) the prices went up and the people stopped going. Either way, 25$+charges is a little expensive for a ski movie. Back in the days, it was 3 french + 2 english or vice-versa, for a total of 5.

Yeah, do tell!

I'm thinking that if they can manage to add ten minutes of footage of morons on monoboards having their little "meeting" every year, they could at least haul their asses to a SES. Sheesh.

Some of the footage was good this year though. There's one camera that must have been on top of the guy's boots as he's hauling down a slope in Alaska. Holy s**t. I got vertigo just watching.

Bryan was talking about me I think. I ride a Rossignal Throttle mounted monoski. (I also have three other Alpine snowboards mounted this way) I have been working on getting my carve on. I've ridden with a few alpiner's last year and seen a few out this year. I can hold a line as good as most of you, as anyone who has seen me can attest to. I'm the only Mono rider here in Co that carves hard.

As with the Alpiner I want to lay trenches, except on a Mono instead.

In the Warren Miller movie I had a red helmet on with "Monodude" across the front. There was a two turn snippet of me carving, and part of an interview. I couldn't hear what I said as our group of 23 were yelling so loud. The coolest part is that the Monoski community got some air time in a major feature film. Our MonoPalooza attendence this year was around 70.

Also there is some footage of Micah Black rippin' it up on a mono in this years TGR film.

I would be glad to ride with any of you guys anyday.

Don

Feed the addiction...

walked out , it was freakin long...neither my friend nor i wanted to stay over an hour, which it certainly seemed like it was.

saw the monoski segment. i agree, there shoudl be a hb'er segment. monoski wipeouts would seem bad.

i liked "ride" better.

some cool songs, though, and the mogul skiiers are amazing, esp. considering they fly!

went to the 9pm show. Wasn't too bad. hour and a half film i'm guessing. Got some autographs from Kevin Bramble, who reps the US in the paralympics. Great guy who can really rip.

Saw the monoski segment. I like how they said "each year, tens of monoskiers gather for monapolooza." Good exposure, and great job.

I think they probably said "Off the grid" over a dozen times.

Decent film to score some free schwag.

How did you end up in the movie? Just cause you were on a mono??

I am guessing he was at the right place at the right time. A Mono Meet.

How does anyone end up in a Warren Miller movie?

If you think you have something of interest, you contact them and they tell you if what you are doing is of interest to them.

I'm going to send the Warren Miller people a disc of the SES session I bought last year.The time seems ripe!!!! maybe if we generate enough interest they will send a crew to one of the SES events in the near future !It makes fo rgreat action shots and all that laydown stuff is super amazing......I just dont think the ski people realize whats going on on the other side of the world......make sure theres a lot of Nissan stuff in their next SES video...(yeah and monkeys might fly out of my butt.) :lol: :lol: :lol: