Note to New Members ×

ISO pants suggestion

FTA2R

hi all,

looking for suggestions for new, non baggy pants.

need something with average waterproofing / breathability. bought some burton pants last year (cargo model i think) for 1/2 off, but they're just too darn baggy and don't have much "padding." burton's high end line is more than i need, too padded. i still wear my old burton ronins (from late 90s) which fit nicely but aren't waterproof anymore.

should i just look at traditional "ski pants?" they are general tighter fitting right?

brands / models , websites?

trailertrash:

That site seems pricey. I have the Alpha SV pants and I recall spending around $250 for them at altrec. I think your site has them at $450.

Neil's MEC suggestion is also a good one. I'm pretty sure Arc'teryx makes some of their high end pants and jackets. If not, they are very good copies. I have no idea if MEC ships to the US but their clothes are staple items for Canadians.

About two years ago, I must've looked at every "snowboarding" pant on the market. They were all so goofy. Baggy, heavy, 18 pockets. Many of them low-waisted. Now that's a brilliant idea - low-waisted pants for snowsports.

I have some TNF pants with an Hyvent membrane (2 ply construction), with integrated gaiters and suspenders. I paid 130$CDN (on sale) a couple of years ago. They have full lenght zip, 1 cargo pocket and some rear pockets, but lack side pockets. I am very satisfied with them.

I bought a new jacket and pants last year and since my budget was not unlimited, I decided to search for a good deal.

I bought Helly Hansen and i'm surprisingly really satisfied! Pants are super comfortable, not baggy at all, full zip, lower leg reinforced.

I paid 100$ for the pants and 125$ for the jacket (all in CDN $$), which is a pretty good deal !