Note to New Members ×

Japanese Hige-G's Alpine homepage

Fat Old Bastard

buy one set of each and outfit two boards. how often do you take your front foot out anyway? one less binding that might blow a heel on you.

now that i think about it, it does make a lot of sense. sorry for straying from the topic:o

What's interesting is the rear binding all seem to be at about the same place on the board (+/- a cm). But the front binding placement varies a bit a inch or two. One would think that the both bindings should move outward or inward depending on height or leg length. This is probably more related to riding style, some of which is more correct and some of which is less correct.

It may have to do with allowing more flex in the area around the split tail so as not to break it. If the bindings were mounted close to the split, it would make the area around the split much more rigid. Itd be better for the integrity of the tail to adjust the forward binding angle instead... just my theory, could be totally wrong:D

I'm speaking from personal experience :o .Trust me They "wheelie" like crazy and will spit you out into the trees toot-sweet. I have my board set-up more like the first one for that very reason. These boards "finish" turns differently than anything else I've ever ridden due to the split tail. Depending on how hard your driving out of the turn, they come around quickly at the end and have a "hook" effect. I rode a Oxygen LTD 2002 for a short stint a season or so ago and it had a similar feel due to the reverse taper. My Burners a 178, I don't ride it as aggressively as my Silberpfiel or Stealth, but it's still a blast to ride. I think I have a tendency to baby it because it took so long to find and I'm fearful of causing any damage to it. You can find them on ebay.de (where I found mine) you just have to keep looking and find someone who speaks english and is willing to ship to the states.

post-857-141842219174_thumb.jpg