Note to New Members ×

Question about BTS

peter_x

Hi. I am currently using Raichle 413s, which have only one position of forward lean. I want to try less forward lean. I read that the BTS can adjust the static position of the lean, but my question is, is that adjustment as much as is provided with the 5-position forward lean of the other Raichle boots? If not I might try to get a 5-position adjuster (I think they can attach to the 413s, right?). Thanks.

Hi. I am currently using Raichle 413s, which have only one position of forward lean. I want to try less forward lean. I read that the BTS can adjust the static position of the lean, but my question is, is that adjustment as much as is provided with the 5-position forward lean of the other Raichle boots? If not I might try to get a 5-position adjuster (I think they can attach to the 413s, right?). Thanks.
The adjust is more. It's difficult to get positions 1 and 5, but I don't think you will ever use those on the 5-position either (or shouldn't). More importantly you can set values between 2 and 4 in any increment you want. Looking at your boots and bindings... I would actually try replacing your front 6* cant plate with a 3* plate, before looking to change you forward lean, but that's just me. I definitely recommend the BTS, I have the soft springs (I'm 150 lbs), but since your 413s are already so soft, I would maybe go with the mediums?

The BTS rocks. I suggest picking springs based on your weight - after going back and forth a few times I've settled on medium @ 195, on my Suzukas, this gives me a moderately soft flex compared to using the 5-pos fwd leans locked in position 3.

On my boots w/BTS it is difficult to get the default, static position more leaned over than what would have been "3" on the 5-position adjuster (i.e. I don't think you can get the rest position to 1 or 2, but of course you can flex it more with your shins when you are riding). But if you were looking for less forward lean it should be perfect.

I have a medium spring on my front foot and soft on the back. In warm weather, when the shell softens a bit, they both feel a little too soft for me, at I only weigh 135lbs, but otherwise it feels great. Just another data point if you are trying to decide on springs.

Sorry for the delay on this guys, we have had the shop completely dismantled for this remodel and I just got to this question.

peter_x: it is a tad hard to compare the standard 5 pos mechanism and the BTS as the 5 POS is designed to lock into that spot and on the BTS the static spot is just the start of where the travel begins.

If you where to remove the springs from the BTS you would find its total travel is much more then the 5 POS, but with the springs installed it will have slightly less options for static position. However, seeing as it was designed to travel and compress the springs, you end up with the ability for more movement. Dang, I hope that makes sense :o

terekhov: we have received reports that the BTS does fit on the HEAD Strati boots. I think you do have to do a small mod to them but apparently it works.

Link: http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=10041&highlight=head+bts

At 200lbs I would say start with the Medium springs and go from there. There are just too many factors to go from just weight though. Style, boot used, etc determine what will work for you.

At 200lbs I would say start with the Medium springs and go from there. There are just too many factors to go from just weight though. Style, boot used, etc determine what will work for you.

thank you!

200lbs, pretty aggressive, but no racing, head stratos pro.... don't you think it's reasonable to set longer springs in Med and short heelside springs in Hard? and main question: WHEN to place an order? ;)

Yep, if you where to bias the springs that is the way to go, harder on the heel side and softer on the toe side. At your weight you may want the medium for toe and the hard for heel.

We are machining them as we speak :biggthump and we plan to make enought to outfit an army in these things. I would just wait till the winter starts or you see them available on the site. Also, we'll try to inform you via the newsletter.