Note to New Members ×

Ghost Snowboards

spcarves2

I have posted this before but to no avail. Still wondering if anyone else on this planet has done any of the following....

1. owned a Ghost snowboard

2. ridden a Ghost snowboard

3. seen a Ghost snowboard

I have a Ghost slalom 161 with a glow-in-the-dark top sheet. really cool and carves on a dime. I think they were/are an italian board company. anyone??

thanks!

• 3 years later...
Guest switch720

I have a Ghost Snowboard and it is by far the best board I have ever ridden. I think they are based in California. I was riding down a run and came upon a knoll. I noticed there were alot of hikers having to carry their boards over the knoll because their bases were to slow but I cruised over the knoll and bypassed all the other riders hiking. It was such a stoke!!!

Guest switch720

Ghost Snowboards is not italian. I have spoken with them when I purchased the board and they are so nice. They threw in some extra gear for me. They also mentioned that they are Trademarked in Europe so I am not sure what you are talking about. Anyway, I hope you are loving it as much as I am.

http://www.send2press.com/PRnetwire/pr_04_0304-ghostriderx.shtml

http://www.ghostboard.com/

some funny marketing thu:

"Ghost Board snowboards are engineered to exacting standards in Switzerland and are hand-made in the U.S.A. The design concept is the result of two decades of snowboarding experience, including racing and helicopter boarding."

not sure what exacting stds are in switzerland and what it has do with made in the US...?

also the 4000S is not something that Gurit sells > it has to be different from the famous 4000 Ptex, especially if it glows ;) it must be 2000 dense base from another manufacturer.. ( isosport..)

N

I have a Ghost Snowboard and it is by far the best board I have ever ridden. I think they are based in California. I was riding down a run and came upon a knoll. I noticed there were alot of hikers having to carry their boards over the knoll because their bases were to slow but I cruised over the knoll and bypassed all the other riders hiking. It was such a stoke!!!

Wow...It must have been the board and not the fact that the hikers don't know sh*t about wax? meaningless.

Ghost Snowboards is not italian. I have spoken with them when I purchased the board and they are so nice. They threw in some extra gear for me. They also mentioned that they are Trademarked in Europe so I am not sure what you are talking about. Anyway, I hope you are loving it as much as I am.

actually they were made in Italy years back. i will try and post a pic later this afternoon.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Using the world's first slope-side luminescent technology, Ghost Boards absorb light all day, then glow blue, green and red in fog, twilight and while night riding. "Every sick turn you carve down that 45 degree slope will be illuminated. And our thoroughly modern top-sheet graphics also glow, making an enlightened style statement."

ENLIGHTENED STYLE STATEMENT...

THAT alone put these in the "GOTTA HAVE IT" category for me.

I'm leanin' toward the "GhostBrigade" model...SWELL!

post-44-141842235958_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Saw your post about ghost snowboards..I just bought one for my kids. I saw it on ebay and even though I had never heard of them it looked pretty cool and the price was right $21. I have a couple Oxygen boards for carving and this looked like it was similar and it says made in italy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=290192826968&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

Wow...It must have been the board and not the fact that the hikers don't know sh*t about wax? meaningless.

Maybe the fluor luminescence topsheet was causing some extra speed by micromelting snow for extra slippery slide.

Funny that you say what I am thinking sometimes. He is a newbie and form his screen name may not know about wax yet. Or be young. Or.....ok I am trying to be nice.

When I was in Vermont a couple of years back Mike from Madd had a couple of small ones there. I'm sure he said it was Italian, and might have been made in the same factory as the original Madds?

it was a nice looking board ...

I ended up with one of these small decks from Mike. A 156 maybe. Only rode it a few times and never really got it to ride like a Madd 158. It was made in Italy and I don't think it glows in the dark. Currently sitting in the basement waiting for a good base grind and tune before I ride it again.

• 4 months later...

Pretty cool stuff.Although the lack of length would probably not attract hardbooters except those looking for an allmountain to ride softies with higher angles with the relatively narrow waist(24.50)on some models.That spec has me interested as I spend all my time in hardboots and might enjoy the park and teaching on the rest of the mountain on something like the gulag 17 model.Great to see another "made in the good ol usa" company.

hey switch

why would I tell a chair lift operator that I think you are a tool?

They don't care and neither do I. You are not offering anything here but an ad for ghost snowboards.

And for that matter I don't care who chris brown is or where you live.

do you work for these guys or just want to spank their monkey?

you are so sick.

hey switch

why would I tell a chair lift operator that I think you are a tool?

They don't care and neither do I. You are not offering anything here but an ad for ghost snowboards.

And for that matter I don't care who chris brown is or where you live.

do you work for these guys or just want to spank their monkey?

you are so sick.

But Jerry, they have been on MTV cribs! :smashfrea

Seriously....cap construction? glow in the dark?

send me one and I bet I break it in the first run.

some of us still ride jib sticks...but this is not a jibber forum. If they start making a decent BX shape or a 175 squaretail with a 12m sidecut, maybe someone will listen.

Oh, and namedropping on the internet = LAME