Note to New Members ×

Oldsnowboard, Lib Tech

LeeW

I recall this graphic was controversial issues between Burton and Lib Tech. I cant remember for the life of me who the racer was. Sadly the graphic was modified to softboots, tho im unsure if it was actually softboots as it was used for carving back then.

I hope to find other Lib Tech guru who could share the knowledge of this particular graphic.

Sorry, www.oldsnowboards.com, i couldnt figure out how to make an attachement of photos with that forum format. is there a way?

post-97-141842218359_thumb.jpg

post-97-141842218362_thumb.jpg

post-97-141842218364_thumb.jpg

its an interpretation of an ad from Burton with Victoria Jealouse.

I think there were two photos...that I remember....with her just BUTTDRAGGIN...still some of the best lookin alpine shots Ive ever seen

god its too bad some of these people abandoned carving.

I think the original image looked something like this:

victoria_jealouse_s.jpg

What a great person. She's awesome in the TGR stuff:

gen-11victoriajealouse.jpgjealouse4.jpg

2003gal8.jpgjealouse5.jpg

Oh, and she's pretty versatile:

vj5.jpg

And did anyone mention super sexy:

gm_l1.jpg

And if you didn't notice, is there a passing resemblance to Michelle? :rolleyes:

jealouse8.jpg

?????

image.php?u=49&type=profile&dateline=1121989926

Ah, yes it is. How could I be retarded? Victoria Jealouse's sponsored by Burton, not Lib Tech, and the board itself had a "thank you" note to Victoria Jealouse.

Got it off an ebay for only 37 bucks. :biggthump

Ive met her in real life before, and she's -salviating- hot.

damn thats a good pic michelle.

not too keen on the VJ in a bikini thing. I admire her for her riding, not anything else.

that heel turn..thats not the ad the board is from. theres an OLD burton ad...probably 95/96...thats the one the board graphic came from, because that board is probably 98 or so?

looks like Ill have to go home down in New Mexico and shuffle thru all those old TWSnow's buyer's guide and look up old Burton ads.

I for some reason believe it may be that photo, cuz of the cap backwards, and recall it's the pix. Unless if you beg to differ, D-Sub. Wish I could call up Mervin MFG, but trouble is that they shut down their Seattle factory/office as of last Friday and relocated to Sequim. Ill have to go up there in person with the board and see an old buddy of mine who's a CAD man for 'em.

youre probably right, actually...it just seems too recent. the copyright on that photo is 04. or maybe thats...I dunno.

there was definitely an old burton ad that had a similiar image. but yeah...the graphic on the board looks darn close to the photo, so...that means the board isnt all that old or the C2004 is somehow inaccurate

• 2 weeks later...
Great beach foto; looks like Thailand?!

Yep, one of the islands off the coast of Ao Nang, doing one of the tourist day trips. Hey, I think I did a great job of taking the photo myself, with or without a "honey" although would have probably been more fun.

for some reason, perhaps b/c she's riding plates and carving nicely, i have remember that ad- that is, the one that is leew's avatar. perahps it was b/c of her green jacket, hair, and ball cap. it's just a great photo.

if i recall correctly, the text of that ad was "Alpine is Dead." i don't quite understand that, though....can someone fill me in

Is this the picture you are referring to?

victoria_burton_ad.jpg

This is so ironic I get to see this photo/ad while I just completed reading about USSA droppin' alpine events. How so true.

Carverchick, would you be so kind to PM me because Im very interested in this photo/Ad you managed to scan (assumption here) ?? Id like to see if I could have a full sharp image of this photo file. Its sorta coming out blurry here on the bottom of the Ad.

Excellent photo!!!!!

yeah, burton being ironic. too subtle I guess.

"alpine is dead" combined with someone RIPPING turns. Seems pretty clear to me.

funny that they completely abandoned not too long after. maybe they were making a business statement