Note to New Members ×

Woodies

Pow

I have a '94 Burton Asym Air 164, which you can see in this picture from Derf's catalog collection. The topsheet is wood with a red stain for the 164 (shown in the pic), and I believe it was stained green for the shorter one. It's a lot prettier IRL.

Asym_Air.sized.jpg

I had one of those, LOVED and WISH I still had it!!

da-rool. Great looking board! My pogo's been scratched up a bit since the old pic in the beginning (but my gloves have been trashed way worse than the board!), im wondering if theres somebody i could send it to to get refinished or whatever. It might be too much $$ for something thats merely cosmetic, but if anybody has any tips im listening.

edit: and blueb, those vampires are so awesome. me wants.

sorry to dig um a slightly old thread, but i just saw a 170 munoz listed in C5 golfer's profile, so they do make them longer:biggthump

It is a great ride too! My Arbor is a Quasimoto D70 - Koa on the sides and a beautiful walnut center -- no maple strips and cap construction which was made by Ride. Next year I believe Arbor went to sandwich construction and they were made by Option in BC.:biggthump:biggthump

post-53-141842252953_thumb.jpg

post-53-141842252955_thumb.jpg

This 195 garage was made with thin veneer in the press with some kind of golf ball coating as a clear coat. the wood came out great the golf ball coating was a bust. I have sanded and polished out the blems and clear coated the board with flexible poly spray. rides great!

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
Awsome boards and awsome vid. Good job Mats!

Is this the only veneer option? I would like to see a Koa or Mahogany with Maple stringer...

Also, 1cm shaved of the waist for my tiny boots...

Thanks!

Yes I can fix you up with a different topsheet. Width is a "no can do". But considering I ride 45/60 with size 27MP it´s no problem riding with smaller feet. Just lower the angles if you want moore leverage. 24.2 to is a perfect width for a go everywhere board. In softer snow it´s a killer and no problem on harder stuff. In fact it´s very much like a modern fatski. Good edgehold on hardpack and superfun to ride in pow and beatup stuff.

Today it was very soft in the sloopes here in Aspen but I could still lay it over without digging in the nose. Love this board!:1luvu:

/M

BAHAHA I like to be the odd ball in the group!

That Super Swede came home with me and it is such an amazing board. I can't believe how well it carves. I hope to get o pow day on it soon.

And I can't wait to get a group shot of all my woodies, but one is still in the works so it might not be until after the season ends...