Note to New Members ×

Nothing makes you miss winter more...

tex1230

than a long weekend in 100 degree weather...oh, yeah, and 100% humidity...

I knew there was a reason I left Texas...

That is what happens when you let your mother and your wife talk to each other and plan your "vacation"

anyone got a spare ticket to Las Lenas? I will not survive this summer!

(oh, and you mammoth guys...just don't start with the "we're still riding for another month" crap... I have no chance of getting to that end of the country in the forseeable future)

What I really need is a little of this:5994.jpg

(oh, and you mammoth guys...just don't start with the "we're still riding for another month" crap... I have no chance of getting to that end of the country in the forseeable future)

Hood will be rockin' till Labor Day. Nananananananananana! :D

than a long weekend in 100 degree weather...oh, yeah, and 100% humidity...

I knew there was a reason I left Texas...

That is what happens when you let your mother and your wife talk to each other and plan your "vacation"

Where were you?

It was actually pretty rainy here in Helltown....all other sites in TX, other than the valley don't approach the 100% humidity mark....

Was in San Antonio & the hill country...and it was nice and steamy.

really comfortable seeing customers wearing a suit on thursday and friday...

At least thereabout's is pretty, but you're right.....SA to DelHell looked pretty toasty on the weather map.....

Geez Bryan, you are tough on us Aussies. We look at that, look at the date and think "Awesome".

Sorry Dan, didn't mean to "Pop" the stoke. My mistake, I was thinking it was getting late for your traditional start? Obvious I am overdue for a trip "Down Under". I had some of my best days ever in NZ. Good on ya!

Hope you have a excellent season!! Bryan

http://www.thredbo.com.au/weatherandconditions/snowreport/report.asp

"10 June Official Opening of the 2006 Winter Season. Kick off the Snow Season with Thredbo's traditional opening weekend festivities including a buskers and street performers competition"

you think thats sad, atleast they have natural snow, go about 200km south and look we have ski run almost

You guys are going to have to explain this one? Is the run crossing a two lane city street? Traffic? Is that a 6 story building at the top? Talk about "Slope_Side" parking!! Very cool!! Fill us Yanks in here :freak3:

"10 June Official Opening of the 2006 Winter Season. Kick off the Snow Season with Thredbo's traditional opening weekend festivities including a buskers and street performers competition"

You don't have to read too far between the lines to see that they provide a bunch of "festivities" like buskers and street performers to make up for the likely lack of snow.

Sigh.

And what's this Extreme Carver doing in the gates? :)

11l0r38.jpg

Do people regularly ride that laid-out during a race? If so those triangular gates/flags must get in the way.

I see the NZ season is due to get underway this weekend. Mt Hutt expects to open with a base of about 30cm - break out the powder gun!

Apparently their marketing manager expects it to be "the best opening in the six years that I've been here".

I knew I moved to Canada for a reason. :)

Although, as Nancy Greene says, you only need six inches to ride on ...