Note to New Members ×

Mt. Hood Camp July?????

philfell

I've had some interest and requests to do a Hood camp in July. It originally wasn't part of my summer plans and most of my normal race crew probably wont go, but if there is enough interest I can put one on.

So if I can get 7 people to commit we can make it happen. Let me know if any of you are interested.

I want to know if there is enough interest first before I get too involved. A week at Hood will probably be in the $700-$1000 range. And I'm free any of the dates for the first two weeks of July, so whatever works for those who want to go.

I'd be potentially interested if you could swing a Friday-Sunday camp. Say about $100/day for instruction with lodging extra? It seems that Snow Performance won't be running a Timberline camp this summer, so there might be some interest from PDX locals.

I'd be potentially interested if you could swing a Friday-Sunday camp. Say about $100/day for instruction with lodging extra? It seems that Snow Performance won't be running a Timberline camp this summer, so there might be some interest from PDX locals.

Ditto. I use most of my vacation time during winter, but could almost certainly swing a 3-day weekend.

To be clear your camo would probably kick my @$$ but that's what I am looking for :D

Guest shrederjen

Second weekend in July?!?!?!?

hint hint

and then she thinks, maybe it is possible to snowboard at least once a month every month of the year..... :cool:

Second weekend in July?!?!?!?

hint hint

and then she thinks, maybe it is possible to snowboard at least once a month every month of the year..... :cool:

One of the guys I used to climb with had done just that for over 25 years until an accident prevented him from continuing the run. (broken ankle while OB) :smashfrea There are only a couple months that are cause for serious effort. Sept, Oct are typically the most difficult. Nov. through August you can just ride a chairlift!

Time to start your "Quest" :biggthump

It most certainly is! I had a streak of at least once a month going for almost 4 years. I had to hike in two of the four Octobers, but all the other off-months were lift serviced.

I want to know if there is enough interest first before I get too involved. A week at Hood will probably be in the $700-$1000 range. And I'm free any of the dates for the first two weeks of July, so whatever works for those who want to go.

Missed this one! I was signed up for the Mammoth camp, but got hung with family issues at the last minute and had to bail. I"m definitely very interested for 2-4 days at least in that time period, especially since I missed mammoth. If you start a list, put me on it, drop me an email, etc...for me it's best to nail down dates a couple weeks in advance. Hope you can pull something together. :biggthump

Phil, will you be covering both racing and free carving? Emphasis on one or the other? Demo's etc...I'd like to run some gates( never done that) but mostly interested in honing my free carving skills(such as they are :rolleyes: ).