Note to New Members ×

scotts.Scheinman

what I would like to see is all of Barry's accomplishments invalidated...they took Ben Johnsons record away from him because of roids; why not Barry's homers? And while they are at it just throw him out of baseball as an example to the rest of them that cheating is wrong :eek:

He really isn't going to succeed, he's always going to be considered to be an a-hole. Babe Ruth's accomplishments are always going to be looked at as a milestone, no matter where he lands on the homerun tally. For the record, I don't believe Bonds will pass Hank Aaron's number. I think Pujols has a chance though and when Pujols passes Babe's record, it will be noted...When Pujols passes Bonds number, it probably won't, because people will not have the reverence for Bonds and his "accomplishment"

• 2 weeks later...

I remember listening to a radio show about '95 or so where the host and guest were talking about statistic possibilities of reaching the homerun mark...Ken G. Jr was their pick to make it and I distinctly remember that Bonds was on pace to hit about 500 at that time....

What a difference BALCO made...

And about 4 years of constant injury on Ken G's part....

My money is still on Pujols taking the bad taste away....22 so far this season, 240 total(give or take a couple) and he's 26....and in the majors 5 years...

when he's 41, ?960?