Note to New Members ×

Rossignol Verification, please ?

LeeW

I owned a 165 model of the same board but I bought it in 1995. Unless they are making them again, I have my doubts. The graphics are the same also. It was a good all mountain board though. it a bit on the soft side, but easy to throw it around.

the equipment still looks really good. i especially like the way the rossi looks. its a shame theyre out of the alpine market. Id forgive him, he obviously doesnt truely know what he has, but that doesnt mean it isnt great.

the Wild Duck... isnt that an early EC board?

(looking it over again says yes)

...version (FC was for freecarve, not foam core). Bought it from the Rossignol warehouse (in 2000 and it was a year old then) for $100.00 and that's what I learned carving on and found it to be too soft. BEWARE the Microcell foam core. Foam seems to do well in western soft conditions but, I understand that East Coast ice is unforgiving to foam cores.

I'd try to find a Rossi WCR instead.

Mark

Dave: I'm a Rossi fan, too. I own a Rossi Undertaker 198 and 185 and I sold my Rossi Levitation (172-3?) to my now 18 year old son and I'm so mad that I did that. Levee's rock on western soft condtions in both hard and soft interfaces.

However, are you SURe that deck is an '05? Rossi hasn't produced an alpine deck in several years unless you know something I don't.

The last Alpine offerings Rossi had here in the mountian west were VAS Race II in extended lengths (I know, I had given $200 cash to Rossi and had it given back to me). That was 2001. Those race decks got bought up by a remarketer who dumped his stock somewhere (eBay?). Rossi's Dualtech and THC had a minor following locally. I wish that Rossi had stuck with it as a 'niche' market for Europe, Asia and USA. The VAS and Dualtech rocked in alpine decks.

Mark

I already have Rossi WCR. Just was curious and baffled by its claim as 2006 model.

EDIT: I do -NOT- believe its claimed to be 2006 NOR 2005 model. Im fairly sure they quit making alpine boards in early 2000s. However, since the bought out/merge with QuikSilver, Im not sure if they'll be manufactored by Mervin MFG/Gnu/Lib Tech factory out in Port Angeles, Washington or SLC, UT.

EDIT_2: a bit old article but relevant: http://www.twsbiz.com/twbiz/features/article/0,21214,1060368,00.html

My last conversation with my contact from Rossi says they are going to be launching something for 07-08 but its something specific to boardercross. They haven't made mass-produced alpine boards for a few years now.

Seriously?? Sweet!! hardboots are going mainstream again. hmm, but is that really a good thing?