Note to New Members ×

Show off your Rack ! Boobs inside !

Dave ESPI

I don't have a snowboard rack yet (it is on my to-do list), but I do have two bike racks so they are not in the middle of the place. They can be seen on my website (which is offline temporarely). It can get very crowded in our little appartement.

But, I did manage to whittle the stock down a little recently.

The floor mess is a result of trying to set up a pair of boots for the skwall. It's great to be able to play around switching liners and trying different things out. It lets you figure out what works and what doesn't. I'd sooner go through several old boots off ebay than shell out for new pair with no idea of how they will work in the long run, especially as my technique changes, (or is it, the boots change my technique).

I figure thanks to a temporary lay off and living ten minutes from the hill, I got out about seventy times this season. I normally board a couple of hours then switch to skis for a couple more

Bob

Dave! where did you get that Bud Light board? we have (had?) one here at the royal mountain rental shop... one of my friends was eying it but the rental shop owner was ganna charge $200 for it and i knew darn well that he didnt have to pay a dime, it was a promotional board, so we didnt buy it.

11 boards, 3 pairs of skis and a skwal

and then there is the floor

BobD

I love the fact that the room isn't even painted yet but he has already mounted the rack and filled it with boards. Here's to prioritizing!

But here's mine. Snowboards (there are a couple of new ones since this was taken), boots, racing kayak, a few of my paddles, mountain bike, outboard motor and boxes of snow and surf gear.

post-1177-141842217821_thumb.jpg

["But here's mine. Snowboards (there are a couple of new ones since this was taken), boots, racing kayak, a few of my paddles, mountain bike, outboard motor and boxes of snow and surf gear." quote- dantheman0177e ]

K1 (&K2s) paddlers are more rare than alpine boarders in the US.

My kayak rack in the garage is a little out of date - rotobat, stuntbat, fly, vertigo, and delirious, all ww.

And as a beer snob I couldn't imagine anything more embarassing than riding a Bud (gnat's piss) Light board.

BobD

K1 (&K2s) paddlers are more rare than alpine boarders in the US.

BobD

There is a pretty fair contingent of paddlers over here, probably because of our surf life saving involvement and the big marathon kayak regattas. But it is rare for people to do all of sprint, marathon and surf paddling. Personally I am more towards surf (much more fun), then sprint, and marathons only under sufferance.

And if you look at these pics you will see that it is not only snowboarders that hoard good, expensive equipment.

post-1177-141842217822_thumb.jpg

post-1177-141842217824_thumb.jpg

POW, yeah they are Rossignol boards from 1994-5 Twin tips.

I actualy ......um.. have TWO of um :D :1luvu: they are one of the sweetest rides I've owned.

I've had my 152 for about 12 years, and have well over 12,000 miles of ride time on it, and only this year has it become a bit too soft (as I've used it every day for 85 days as an instructor) !

I picked up a 162 (same board) last month on E-bay for 140.00 with shipping.

If your Shop has one, seriously, for 200.00, it is WORTH IT. a superb board.

POW, yeah they are Rossignol boards from 1994-5 Twin tips.

I actualy ......um.. have TWO of um :D :1luvu: they are one of the sweetest rides I've owned.

I've had my 152 for about 12 years, and have well over 12,000 miles of ride time on it, and only this year has it become a bit too soft (as I've used it every day for 85 days as an instructor) !

I picked up a 162 (same board) last month on E-bay for 140.00 with shipping.

If your Shop has one, seriously, for 200.00, it is WORTH IT. a superb board.

thanks for the tip. My friend seemed to like it... and she was riding like any other skidder on the mountain on her FIRST TIME EVER! must be great. I'll look into it this summer.

In the end I settled on Burton furnace. I think boots with a little more forward flex might be better. It's one of the old Skwals and I find I need to be subtle with pressuring the nose. It'a a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. The back seat stance and the need for aggressive extension in the cross under turns (which seem to work best) justified some time getting the best boot setup.

BobD

shouldnt boards be stored base facing ceiling on the rack to maintain camber

all depends on the board design.

Many of mine set 1/3rd in support with no load (weight) on them will sit quite nicely on my rack with no loss in "pop".

A few I do hang upside down with heavy bindings on them, or angle then (such as my bud-light board) with smaller rack so as to not weigh them in center with droop.