Note to New Members ×

carvers and snow storm converge on Aspen!

bigwavedave

YES! It's a good thing; we needed it it. The groom was holding up but not for much longer as it was getting pretty firm. This should make for hero snow upon everyone's arrival. Can't wait to see you all!

I'm in Aspen! Escaped Minnesota by car yesterday after work to avoid another storm targeting southern MN and made it through the mountains this morning and it is dumping! I was able to check in to the St Moritz a day early, so hoping to get out and play tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

Early afternoon there was a good foot of snow on the un-plowed roads in town, so likely more on the mountain, and still coming down at about 1" per hour.

Anyone going out tomorrow? I probably ride at Buttermilk to acclimate at a lower altitude.

Edited by bigwavedave

thats a Record...30" at our house in the last 24 Hours:1luvu:...last plowed the road at 2 A.M. :freak3: and now putting on chains to try and clear our driveway and the road to town and lifts beyond...Surreal landscape this morning...no rush to the lifts as 2 ft. on all the mountains means slow openings and avalanche work plus you need 40 degree pitch to even get going when it is that deep :biggthump so yea...pow stick would be a good idea :)

Is it bad that I'm thinking about how epic it'll be for carving after 2 or 3 grooming cycles? :) The forecast for the rest of the week seems to change by the hour. Oh well!

Then again, I don't get to ride until First Tracks on Monday so I'll have to live vicariously through the stories and pictures.