Note to New Members ×

What size Raichle boot for a 9

bumpyride

My son is trying to get a pair of boots to replace his 27.5 Burton, and according to the size chart he's measuring 25, can that be right. He's looking at a Deluxe Lemans and a 413. He's wearing about a 9 shoe and a fat foot.

I wear a size 9 shoe and a size 25 Deeluxe boot, very comfortably. My feet are C-width though, so SB series shells may be a bit of a pinch without widthwise modification.

Just a word of advice: You should NOT do any type of American size conversions in sizing your boots. I can say from what I see in my office every time someone does that, they end up with boots that are too big. Then I get to say "I told ya so!" :)

Follow the instructions here http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/sizing_boots.pdf and you will get a good fit.

Looks like we're going to go with (I told ya so) Michelle's and everyone else's

advice and go with the 26. Makes me wonder if my boots are too big, although they don't feel like it. I guess I'll try them when my son gets his. The other strange part of this is that I had a pair of 122's in a 26.5 that neither my son or I could wear comfortably-too tight. But because I'm a reasonable man, I'll follow the advice of all you guys, and yes I do stop and ask directions the minute I don't know where I am, and can't see around the corner, or maybe 2 corners.

Thanks again

Fischer

my american size is 9 => 25 for my old raichle 121 BUT with my new stratos pro size is 26,5:confused:

Heh - my Head ski boots are 26.5 as well and fit great (Suzukas are 25)

Of course, once the liners packl out I might wish I had the 25.x. In Head, the 25 gives me 1 finger oin the shell test and the 26 gives me two, they both officially pass... the ski liners are pretty bulky so I went with the 26.

Proper boot fit is also based on volume. If you have a low-volume foot you may have to go down a shell size (one finger?), or find a brand that has a lower-volume fit. [Michelle may be able to help you there.]

I have a low-volume foot, skinny ankles and skinny legs, and while my feet measure about 28.5, I have never been able to get any 28.0 or larger boot (snowboard or skiing) to fit tight enough, even with foam liners. As a result, I am on my third consecutive pair of 27.5's. Some brands, while marked a certain size, are actually longer, but the volume is proportionate to the marked size (unfortunately, for some of us with long, low-volume feet, there are some brands that run shorter than marked size). Some brands also have thicker liners than others.

Good luck.