Note to New Members ×

Walk-EZ

Pow

while skimming through a Ski Press magazine, I found these: http://www.walk-ez.com/revolutions.aspx They're a tread for hardboots that attach to your boot like a binding and theyre supposed to make walking in hardboots easier, increase balance, and give you more grip on ice n stuff.

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with these... i can imagine they probably fit on snowboard hardboots, but i can't be sure. Do they work as advertized and are they worth the money?

any input would be greatly appreciated

-steve

tried them at Copper this winter. WalkEZ demo tent. They were giving them away. Couldn't get a pair to fit my 28 Suzuka shells. more for ski boots than board boots. My wife got a pair to fit her board boots and they fit her ski boots too. Good deal when they're free but I wouldn't fork out the $80 for them.

only in size small at the moment...gotta wait until next season

Ya i noticed that too. My laundry list of things to buy for next season is getting enormously long. another board, some TD2s, cat walkers, thermofits...when is this maddness gonna end!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!

Ya i noticed that too. My laundry list of things to buy for next season is getting enormously long. another board, some TD2s, cat walkers, thermofits...when is this maddness gonna end!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!

I already broke my promise to wait 'til 07 to buy more gear!!!

I'm probably not gonna get the cat-tracks, because I'm going to start staying out 'til I can't stand up anymore. Then I'll just take off the boots and go back to cabin/hotel room...who needs to hang out in the lodge and buy $10 hamburgers or $5 pizza slices with cardboard for crust

ya thats true. Also, these seem usefull when hiking in the boots like the final leg of tuckerman's ravine up here. You hike up most of the way in regular boots, then when you get to the bowl, you drop your gear and suit up. It'll be a kick ass time and so much easier to climb in these.

I defintly need to buy more gear because everything i have is very used or completly destroyed like my liners. Also the cat walks are good because at my local mountain, there usually is some cement to walk over to get my shoes.

ya thats true. Also, these seem usefull when hiking in the boots like the final leg of tuckerman's ravine up here. You hike up most of the way in regular boots, then when you get to the bowl, you drop your gear and suit up. It'll be a kick ass time and so much easier to climb in these.

I defintly need to buy more gear because everything i have is very used or completly destroyed like my liners. Also the cat walks are good because at my local mountain, there usually is some cement to walk over to get my shoes.

See, you are just too adventurous...that's the beauty of being middle-aged, nobody expects me to hike to the back bowls anymore :biggthump

See, you are just too adventurous...that's the beauty of being middle-aged, nobody expects me to hike to the back bowls anymore :biggthump

being middle aged is no excuse!!! Last time I was there, there were men and women 3 to 4 times my age doing stuff I wouldn't imagine myself doing in the near future. A we ran out of water and decided to only take one run up. We saw people going up 4-5 times. Get off your ass and go! :boxing_sm:ices_ange