Note to New Members ×

Booo-first day of spring

skatha

We get our best snow here in March. We had a big storm just north of us on the weekend - 25 cm in a day. Still plenty of winter left this way, and concert season at Sunshine ... sitting in the sun tequila in hand, listening to the band, after a hard morning's bombing ...

I know how you feel Ken, I got a new to me rossi wcr 184 and have only been able to carve on it a couple times. It has been snowing all month long around Tahoe. But on the bright side I am going to buy the $99 spring unlimited pass at Alpine Meadows and do just what Allee described! :rolleyes:

Randy

Spring, around here, is the 1 week we have of pleasant temps before the descent into upper 90's with upper 90's humidity and the pleasure of watching the tropical forecast on a daily basis on the weather channel. We stayed for Rita, unlike 90% of our neighbors, and had no gas to purchase for about 1 week. Only lost the top of a Chinese tallow tree, tho, with what little wind we actually got...also, no power for about 15 hours. The storm hit at 2 am, so a lot of the "time in the dark" was at night anyway

Skatha,

Why do you stay in Helltown? You should move someplace with better weather and lots of snow. :)

I plan to...there will come a day that I go to my cabin in lovely Grand Lake and never leave....

Until the kids turn 18, by order of my divorce decree, I am in Harris county :mad:

Booo spring...

BTW, it was 80 yesterday...it will be a high of 60 tomorrow, it was 39 this am....Surely it's not right to be switching the heater on in the am and the A/C in the pm...

The panhandle burnt to a crisp this last weekend, now it snowed there yesterday...

spring is traditionally the snowiest time in summit. today started off with 5". too bad i have to enjoy it from my couch. oh well, carving in spring snow sucks anyway...

Try spring cleaning-it still hurts like hell to go up on tiptoe with my scar tissue from my surgery. And I refuse to hire illegals to do it(which means I do it myself here in the SW)