Note to New Members ×

Torino PGS available for download

Dan

Thanks for hosting the video :biggthump

I watched the race on TV, but tuned in late and missed the intro.

The commentary gave some good info about the race course. At 600m long, with 163m vertical drop, the angle of the slope is only 15.76 deg (28% grade), which does seem pretty flat for a race course. Anybody know what that run would be rated in the states? I'm guessing it might be a blue.

thnx :)

Something to notice:

- Northwave .950: those boots have been out of production since 2000, and around 70% of the guys are using them, among them almost all the top ten... pretty scary thought: it means no one is able to make a good boot for carving to my opinion. This boot is the only boot that has been really thought as a carving boot: ankle axis at the right place, stiff plastic with a spring system that works both ways.

- flat track: it seems there is basically a glide race vs attacking race like in SLC or nagano: make no mystake and glide well and you win. Hence the results of the Kesslers that seem to be so good at gliding with that long nose.

- Supremacy of Swiss and austrian riders ( french had no luck ( bozettto) and where are the others??)

- Bindings: with all respect and love i have for TD2 ( TD2 user) and cateks, that are supposed to be stiff and strong, why aren't them there to be seen???Really strange thing too...

As for Bozetto: it seems from what we hear here that the breakage was caused by the back binding canting part that broke suddenly. It seems inserts got ripped after the canting broke, introducing cantilever on the inserts.

Any thoughts?

Nils

edited after 5 mins of thinking and first reaction bad temper! ( sincere apologies):

- At first seeing a copy of our boards made me react wrongly... damn etc...Finally after thinking about it with more objective / less personnal mind.

What we think of this, and about the fact that other people are going into the wide board concept:

1. Its good for the sport, it means interest will grow toward freecarving.

2. It means we weren't totally wrong when we started promoting extremecarving, and that the wide boards have a future since they are easier to ride, and still are fun to ride.

3. It means the more board makers into the discipline, the more gear will be available so everyone can benefit from that: more bindings, more boots, more gloves etc....

4. it proves alpine is recovering from darkness ages and find interest ( especially in europe)

5. It means there will be more coverage, maybe in the media or internet to drive everyone looking at carving. When you have 3-4-5 boards to test for a discipline, its not a niche anymore!

So good luck and welcome from the first EC team!

Nils

Hi nils

I hope you dont mean it in a bad way. We are not trying to compete with the swoard. I got one and I think is an excelent board! I even pursuaded a rider to get one and he did.

We just want to have a board with our graphics on and produce it mainly for the Greek market.

And the only thing we copied from the swoard is its width.

Alex

Dont worry about it,

We started the whole website/board concept as a hobby. We dont want to make it a business and make money. I do beleive that if you make your hobby into a business you tend to take the fun out of it but I maybe wrong.

Our main objective is to be a part of the carving community and promote the sport.

P.S. I dont think we would have done this if you havent made the EC