Note to New Members ×

Adding a Resort Review Section

rikytheripster

I have wanted this for the past few year to be honest. I have a few idea how we can use our existing "reviews" software to do this but it will most likely be a for next season project.

Bottom line, any reviews out there right now do NOT address our needs. Like where are the best carve runs? Lowest crowds? Where most ladies are carving at any given time and like to buy guys beer and tune their boards? Basic stuff.

Consider it on the "list" for next year. No promises but we'll take a look.

I have wanted this for the past few year to be honest. I have a few idea how we can use our existing "reviews" software to do this but it will most likely be a for next season project.

Bottom line, any reviews out there right now do NOT address our needs. Like where are the best carve runs? Lowest crowds? Where most ladies are carving at any given time and like to buy guys beer and tune their boards? Basic stuff.

Consider it on the "list" for next year. No promises but we'll take a look.

I would be happy to write up detailed reviews of the four resorts that I've carved up enough times to know well: Bachelor, MH Meadows, Timberline, and MH Ski Bowl.

Sorry though, can't speak to the last part. My wife has an uncanny knack for tricking *me* into tuning her board and buying her beer :o Hey, she has an appreciation for good beer and good alpine decks, so I really can't complain!

I thought of starting a website that would allow users to log in and rate grooming of ski resorts by trail and general up keep of resort conditions as some way too give feedback to resort groomers.

Some days are absolutely great where I ride and other days, it seems like the groomers may have been drinking on the job.

The system than would keep an ongoing record of the trails' rating that may be somehow posted on the slope.

Currently, the only type of recognition I see for groomers is the annual park builders comps that your see featured in snowboarder, but thats for terrain stuff.

I stop in the mountain managers office on days that they do a great job just to say thanks and keep up the good work.