Note to New Members ×

deelux/raichle buckle upgrade kit?

Gecko

Wondering if people have regular problems with the plastic buckles. I've ridden the snot out of mine and I broke my first buckle this season after 5 years of heavy use.

I'd prefer the lighter weight of plastic unless there are some other advantages that I'm too dense to see.

Wondering if people have regular problems with the plastic buckles. I've ridden the snot out of mine and I broke my first buckle this season after 5 years of heavy use.

I'd prefer the lighter weight of plastic unless there are some other advantages that I'm too dense to see.

it ain't the durablity that I have issue with it's repeatablity of settings that I don't like about the clips on my Raichle's

I was wondering if Fin would Market a kit

I recently damaged either the buckle interior or the teeth on the ratcheting strap, and one of my buckles doesn't work smoothly any more. Are these replaceable? Even another plastic-ratchet buckle would be preferable to taking 30 seconds of jiggling to open or close that buckle.

This is the exact shell of the previous SB boots, so I imagine that they would retrofit the older shells. That said, I may have to sell my SB224's and upgrade to these, just to support the obvious effort that Deeluxe has went to. These w/a bts kit, thermo liners,and the toe pads that Fin has made this year will be the next level. What I'm curious about is the shells themselves, are they significantly lighter? If so, these could be a better backcountry boot for boarding than the previous models. I'd like to see Deeluxe make the effort to lighten up the shells for hiking and skinnig on splitboards. My backcountry usually includes some ugly hiking so weight is an issue for me, especially after hefting A/T boots at the stores, as those are the hallmark I'd be weighing them against. And I love the color, or LACK of it!

Guest thomas_m

John, why don't you just use AT boots? I was on the lift with a guy at Hyak a couple weeks ago who did just that. He was riding an old Avalanche Tom Burt with raceplates(I think) and new Dynafits. He was very pleased with the setup. Sounded like it'd be ideal for splitboarding but I admit to knowing nothing 'bout AT gear. The pow was sweet that day so I was too 'busy' to check out his ride.

BTW - a split and an avalanche course is in my plan for early next season so I may need you show me the goods. Don't hold out now!

Thomas

I recently damaged either the buckle interior or the teeth on the ratcheting strap, and one of my buckles doesn't work smoothly any more. Are these replaceable? Even another plastic-ratchet buckle would be preferable to taking 30 seconds of jiggling to open or close that buckle.

bomber sells both the straps and the buckles, i striped both ankle buckles on mine.

Seeing as you were gone when this thread started! Are these lighter than the older shells? Is this the future of the SB series, and will there be any more improvements coming down the line? You know I've been preaching a diet for snowboard hardshell boots for a year now, and am hoping we are seeing some progress. And Thomas, I may end up in A/T boots yet, but I do like the way the SB series rides, and A/T boots flex differently than SB boots, esp. laterally. And the fact that the binding bails were originally designed for them and not A/T boots. Some of the very light ones have been known to twist out of plates and thats not acceptable for me.

One of the buckles on my 324s frequently won't release at all. The teflon grabber on the buckle rolls under and I get stuck in the boot. I was told that replacing the buckle was major surgery so I retired the boots and bought the Head Stratos Pro. It has a much more solid feel but is stiffer when trying to lean forward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

OK since the only buckle that I really hate to deal with is the ankle one and looking at Bombers part site I noticed that the Buckle prices aren't listed. I hope that only because they don't have them in stock yet and not because they don't plan offering them. I'm guessing $30 to change the ankle buckle on both boots....anyone else change parts?