Note to New Members ×

Head BTS.

surfinsmiley

sweet! I just bought some stratos pro's - anyone know where to get this?

its the BTS, dude...made by Bomber...SOLD OUT til next year

apparently somehow modded to fit HEAD, but NO idea

if Scott knows who that pic was of, we could ask...

seems like it wouldnt be that big of a deal...a drlled hole and a t-nut? the lower mounting pin could be the same...

Ryan I put Arnauds Head Rab system on my new Head boots ..The quality is nothing like the new BTS but I tested them last weekend and also tested the new BTS on my old af 600 raichle's .Both worked well The BTS was a much smoother ride.Arnauds also works well but definitely needs to be polished.Both worked better than using the walk mode on the old systems.Arnaud needs a better housing bracket and I think the smaller springs are a little stiffer.I'll try Bts on the Heads next I hate grinding on new boots but the mod is a huge improvement.

Frank

That is Ian from.....oh crap, I drank too much beer at the SES and did not get where he is from. Too bad as he was at the St Moritz too and I would have liked to check out the boots. We even walked over to Ajax together and I was prolly to "sleepy" to notice. Oh well, Ian it was great to meet you. Art

:oSorry about the spelling Bob.

I was pointing the finger at you because your high profile and close to the source........So,.....I was just making a giant presumption that it might be you in the Head BTS.

My little brain was thinkin` that just maybe it was a proto of things to come from Bomber.:biggthump

..............Ian is from Honolulu? That might make him difficult to find........ he`s a long way from the snow!

The BTS fit onto the Head boots with no modification to the BTS. I just drilled 3/16" holes in the boots to mount the top portion of the BTS. The system works great and is better than the walk mode of the stock Head boot.

The upper mounting pins are made from 3/16" bolts with the heads cut off. After drilling the holes with a 3/16" bit the hole is slightly smaller in diameter because the plastic streches slightly as the drillbit goes through so the pin is a nice snug fit.

• 8 months later...

These three photos show the modifications made to Head boots to fit the BTS.

The top hole was drilled with a 3/16" bit. See the casting mark in the boot just below and back of to drilled hole.

The bottom mounting hole was reamed with the same 3/16" bit and then some clearancing was needed near the bottom mount, shown in the photo.

Pins were made from 3/16" stainless bolts cut to length. The top one is longer.

If I was going to do this again, I would drill the top hole a bit lower, maybe about 1/2" lower. The reason is that I like a bit of forward lean, especially in the back foot and this set up is already adjusted about to the max for forward lean.

post-704-141842220381_thumb.jpg

post-704-141842220383_thumb.jpg

post-704-141842220385_thumb.jpg

Update: Added new upper mounting holes 1/2" below the first set. This allows the boot to be in a neutral position for me with the full range of adjustment available.

Bill, I will also be at the St. Moritz for the 9th through 15th of Feb.

post-704-141842220394_thumb.jpg