Note to New Members ×

SES 06 photo shoot: Sunday

Scott Firestone

5062.jpg

Yup. In this shot, I'm on a #ONE (just call me asym boy). In order to do the Pureboarding style correctly, Jörg insisted that I use 25º on the back foot, since their Pureboarding style is more like surfing, where there is more pressure and steering on the back foot. Jorg says to use any angle that's comfortable on the front foot, so I just used my usual 60º. I have not quite dialed this board in, so at the moment, I'm PoorBoarding, but I hope that in a day or two I can do Pureboarding "by the book" (though, I could really use a neon one-piece Euro outfit to complete the look).

I just shot 600 photos this moring during our first tracks expedition to Ajax, and I'm uploading the pics from my totally full CF card to my laptop.

Guest Tim Tuthill

Scott: That is very interesting. Thats the stance that I use on my powder board on soft boots. I have a 165 asym and use 65 deg both feet. Works well. How does that feel for you after riding at 60 deg? Is the lower jump run out still going into the slow area in front of Bumps? Your pics are great!! Say hi to all. Next year!!! Tim

Scott -

Nice pix. The rumor is that Trent Johnson made it out there from Minnesota. We don't believe him b/c each trip for the past few years and gotten screwed up. So...we actually think he's taking vacation to a hillbilly resort in Northern Minnesota. Make sure he DOES NOT make any of the galleries....otherwise we might lose our ribbing contest.

K

You'll notice that there is no shortage of alcohol.

Bob,

If you guys need anything from the "real world" I'll be happy to pick some things up before I leave tonight. Was planning on hitting Sam's club for a couple things (case of fat tire, etc.). I'll have plenty of room in the car.

What do you need to get the helmet cam offloaded? I planned on bringing a laptop with my still/video gear.

P.S. In case you didn't already know I'm staying with Fin and Michelle. Michelle has my cell phone number if you want to ring me.

Cheers,

JPW