Note to New Members ×

Team USA Torino gear - ugh

skategoat

Roots was actually started by two Americans who moved to Canada because they saw more business opportunity here. I believe they still run the company today.

As for the Canadian stuff being, well, it's because HBC went asked the athletes what they wanted. Athletes aren't known for their creativity. :)

At least the Canadian stuff is excels in functionality. I don't know if you've checked out any of it, but it's quite technical. But I agree, the style is rather uninspired.

As for the U.S. designs, I don't suppose it was done to ride the 70s-athletic wave that's currently flowing through our culture due to the release of the movie Munich. :lol:

Now that I've had the chance to see some of this gear on....it actually doesn't look too bad.

They had a shot of Ohno in one of the shirts and another person in the vests and once on they look pretty good. A lot better than the shiny stuff some other countries got going on...or the plain jane style.