Note to New Members ×

ghetting lower on the heelside

scotts.Scheinman

and reach down in between your feet while keeping your up-slope hand/arm pointed up-slope. This will rotate your shoulders and bring the rest of your body around getting you out of that "sitting" position. I have the same problem, but when I remember to do this it helps out a ton. Look at Jack Michauds avatar below and you'll get an idea of what I mean (Thanks Jack). He's not reaching for his board, but his shoulder position is ideal. Also remind yourself to look across the run to where your headed, not downhill. This will also square your shoulders to the nose of your board and help eliminate the toilet technique.

Good luck,

Paul

post-857-141842212887_thumb.jpg

Jack's form is so good that when you look up alpine in the encyclopedia, you see his picture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_snowboarding

:eek:

Well, Jack is the author of the alpine entry in Wikipedia. Nothing wrong with self-promotion.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=7357&highlight=wikipedia

Well, Jack is the author of the alpine entry in Wikipedia. Nothing wrong with self-promotion.

Heh, well, I didn't originally intend to pimp my pixels there, but after I wrote that, someone went in and attached a picture of a softbooter to the article, so gosh, what was I to do? :)

Umm, Scott - 69-49? I hope that's a typo.....?

Umm, Scott - 69-49? I hope that's a typo.....?

I agree Jack's form is excellent. Just a thought - since we have such a great body position to look at. And this may work for all of you.

Jack is finishing his turn so this is something I do at an earlier part in the turn. I actually push on my back knee ( back hand pushing knee towards snow). this can introduce a little more spinal flexion ( and shock absorption) and keeps the shoulders over the edge.

Too often i see guys reaching out their hand to touch the snow. I try to keep it up until i feel the snow tickling my pants and then I can go for the euro move. I love that Jacks hand and hip are the same distance from the snow.

:biggthump

69-49 -> well, pretty unusual, but I know guys that set the back foot to a higher angle than front foot - by this they create a position where they are actually sitting on the back leg. But maybe its only a typo....

As far as I know most of the people feel comfy with a 5-8 degrees between front and back foot.

Jack has 0 degree and seemingly it works fine for him. I used to ride like that on a Silberpfeil due to the narrowness of the board, but have to admit that it felt strange for the first. Then I got used to it.

Now I'm back to lower angles and a difference of 6-7 degrees.

So, all in all I guess its rather a personal preference than a rule that has to be followed.

Kindest,

István

I gotta throw somethin in here, I have a post below also, I'm not talking about technique at all, what I'm trying to say is you got to teach your brain to lean it over,a few times, under controlled circumstances, your brain doesn't want to get verticle on the backside, it's a self preservation thing.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :eek::eek::eek: