Note to New Members ×

snowmom is so dumb

Guest snowmom

Guest snowmom

We just recieved a racing board as a gift. I have 3 snowboarding children, two of whom the board will fit. We don't have boots or bindings though. Would like to set the board up without spending a lot. I have tele boots and wondered if they would work, just leaving bindings to find. And where around Vancouver would be a good place to look for used bindings? Are they size specific? I see lots advertised on this site, but I know nothing......help!

Let us know the brand of board as some have different insert patterns than others. Any other info would be helpful too, childs foot size, riding experience, etc, etc. Feel free to give as much info as you can, it will all help in getting you and your child outfitted,

Thanks,

Paul

Guest snowmom

Hey, thanks for replying. The board is a 146 Rossignol V.A.S. (?) My daughters are 12 and 14. They are experienced, smooth snowboarders (5 or 6 yrs of snowboarding). They have size 8 and 9 feet (women's). They weigh about 115 or 120 pounds. They like to carve fast. They laugh at me.

The Rossi will accept all types of bindings, just be sure if you get Burton bindings that they include the 4 hole disks. ebay is a great place to start looking for equipment, I believe there's some smaller boots on there right now just follow this link http://cgi.ebay.com/Raichle-Snowboard-Boots-Alpine-Carving-Racing-Hard-NEW_W0QQitemZ7215534370QQcategoryZ21249QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and some very light Burton race bindings at a reasonable price, here's the link for those

http://cgi.ebay.com/Burton-Race-Plate-Bindings_W0QQitemZ7215273812QQcategoryZ21248QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Both of those items are very reasonable and would make great gear for your kids. Also keep an eye on the classifieds here for gear too, there's always someone selling good gear and you can always check them out through other members for positive feedback.

Good Luck!

Paul

Hi,

That's an awesome board for them. My wife started with the older version of that. :biggthump

I have my wife's previous boots & bindings that would be cheap & work great. Boots are 25.5-26.0 mondo size Burton reactors, she wears a womens 81/2 - 9 shoe & they were very comfy. They've been ridden about 20 days, nice cond.

Also have snowpro bindings to go with them. Get 'em all out of our basement for $75 + shipping, probably about $15 - 20, depending on where in the US you live. Email me if you're interested.

Mario

If you can't get racing specific snowboard boots for your girls, then another option would be to take the board and bindings into Mountain Equipment Coop in Vancouver and look at women's alpine touring boots. Properly fitted, they will cross-over enough for your girls to get the right support for their carving boards.

As an additional bonus, the MEC rental department sells off their alpine touring rental fleet every year, so you might score some deals there too.

Welcome you and girls to the sport!

George

Snowmom, you can go to UPZ Site Dan the distributor is based out of Osoyoos BC and sells Snowpro bindings that would be perfect for you kids, also there is no duty on the stuff because it ships from Canada. He also has boots too. Drop him an email.

If you want used bindings and can wait untill next season, go to the Canadian Ski Patrol Ski Swap in the fall, there should be some used carving gear there.

IIRC Fanatyk in Whistler sells alpine stuff too. And even check out Prior's shop, I am sure they have some stuff kicking around.

\

You might have to ask at the shops, because they sometimes dont stock it on the shelves. I went to Banff and asked if they had plates, they did in the back. They are stocked for the snowboard race teams that train there early season and need spare parts.

Good to see more people in Vancouver getting into alpine!

I think I saw the board you've got, in a shop about 2 weeks ago... Is it an all white Rossi?

Now, you might be lucky with boots and bindings - The Sports Junkies on East Broadway has used Burton Freecarve boots, Women's 9, in the set with a pair of Burton Race plates. I think that the price has dropped to about $70.00! The boots had few buckles replaced, but bindings look very solid. Remember to ask them to throw in a pair of 3-hole disks too (not included, but they will do it!), so you can use the bindings on Burton boards too. If they had the cant disks, take them too.

Otherwise, the tele boots might do it, and softer ski boots would be ok too (in despite to the popular opinion on Bomber).

I have a pair of old bindings (Crazy Creek) that I could sell, and also few short boards (156 and 158), should you wish to gear up the other girl as well...

You are welcome to ask all the questions, and to join me riding at Cypress. I'm there every Sunday teaching Kids Camp, freecarving on Saturday mornings and at least one night on weekdays... There's few other guys too, so Cypress would soon have an informal carving "club".

Regards,

Boris