Note to New Members ×

WTB: Freeride Carver 160+

nekdut

I"ve put plates on my 156 Lamm, 40f/35r. I found it stiffer and more stable at speeds then my old 159 Prior 4wd, though slower edge to edge. Sucks in powder though, nose and tail are too stiff. My all Mt. carver now is a Nitro Instinct, 163, 22.5 cm waist. I love it! Rail pretty nice and the nose is soft enough for powder. they dont make them any more, but there's a guy on ebay who sells them. I think I got mine for about 150.00

Galen,

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into those boards.

---------------

Just to clarify the request, I'm looking for something wide enough to use with softboots.

Ug. For some reason I read "Donek Axis"...not enough coffee yet, I guess :o . The Lamm is a great freeride, and I know some people swear by the Incline.

Needing finacial Assistace is having me cleaning out my prime stock..

My lose is your gain!!

3 hour test drive with Bombers and Hard boots..

The Review

"The Rad Air Reto Lamm LSD 164 rode the groom just like any of my alpine boards, it was a hoot to ride, the best feature of this board I think is the fact for a 164 board it has a 10.5m sidcut..you can feel the difference... when at speed I could still lay it down on carves and would not feel as if It were going to throw me over the handle bars.. I did not have to work real small radius turns I could take my time draw out some nice lines and it would just hold. I had Bomber plates on the board and found that the set up was perfect.. don't know why you would put soft boots on it anyway.. you could go into the powder and come out in the Groom and rip! Nice to have best of both worlds... bout as close as it gets.. Surprised the hell out of me. The 164 feels longer than it is in turns but short enough to go around and play!!"

"Nice smooth ride as well, no chatter during laydown carves and it was able to handle the higher binding angle with ease!.. and the dampening topsheet is way cool!!!! the aluminum teeth tip and tail protector are the bomb!"

Asking $400 plus Shipping...

Shred

day mail rthut@parker.com

Evening mail rthut@zoominternet.net

• 1 month later...

Having never ridden a "real" alpine board, Shreds lil review of the LSD makes me feel like I`m not missing out on too much on my LSD 164. I love it.

It`s amazing at speed compared to any Freeride board I`ve tried, the LSD is just relaxing no matter how fast I try to go.

If you want that go all over the mountain(except deep powder) fun, I`d recommend you pick up that LSD from shred.