Note to New Members ×

Mammoth/June

nekdut

Oh yeah, I got lucky and got the light end of Neil's TV.Erwin

Lucky? There was no luck about it, Tim and I had the heavy ends. Four guys a girlfriend and a dog no bigger than a ginny pig got that hellfest of a TV moved from the car to the condo.

Neil, I hope your not planning on moving that thing anytime soon.

It was great ridding with everyone. Saturday's carving was definetly the highlight---sunday's pow was also fun. Hope to see everyone soon. Will be back 1st weekend in Feb.

Lucky? There was no luck about it, Tim and I had the heavy ends. Four guys, a girlfriend and a dog no bigger than a ginny pig got that hellfest of a TV moved from the car to the condo.

Neil, I hope your not planning on moving that thing anytime soon.

It was great ridding with everyone. Saturday's carving was definetly the highlight---sunday's pow was also fun. Hope to see everyone soon. Will be back 1st weekend in Feb.

Ahahahaha!!! :lol: Yeah I really don't want to move that beast of a TV any time soon. Thanks again for all of your help guys.

I too should be back up at Mammoth on the 3rd-5th. Are you going to be riding at June or Mammoth?

Ahahahaha!!! :lol: Yeah I really don't want to move that beast of a TV any time soon. Thanks again for all of your help guys.

I too should be back up at Mammoth on the 3rd-5th. Are you going to be riding at June or Mammoth?

Will be riding june on the weekend. I could be up as early as the 2nd, in which case I will most likely be at Mammoth the 2nd and possibly the 3rd if not too crowded.

Just got back from June it was incredible, snow, weather, grooming were great. Gunsmoke and Bodie were really good with Gunsmoke as the standout. Did not get to see the crew on Sat. as we got in late Sat. eve, but saw Frank and a couple of other carvers on Sun., Gunsmoke was trenched out. Mon. & Tue. the place was almost empty and the conditions were just as good when we left today. Planning on going back up the 3-5th to June. aloha

Brian

Hi Brian,

Conditions were awesome on Sunday morning on Gunsmoke. There were 5 to 10" of powder on groomed underground and you could just cut through the powder and cruise down gunsmoke. We were five carvers this morning, Tim, Gary, Erwin, Mike and myself. I will be up there again second weekend in Feb. Lets hope the powers to be leave us gunsmoke a little while longer.

- Thomas

Thomas

We got up to the mt after noon but the conditions as you said were still good and fun. I spoke to the manager at June, Carl Williams and voiced my opinion (again) about making the jumps on Gunsmoke, he smiled smuggly and said they were waiting for another 6ft of snow before they do that....let's just pray they only get 4-5ft and enjoy it while we can. aloha

Brian

Thomas

I spoke to the manager at June, Carl Williams and voiced my opinion (again) about making the jumps on Gunsmoke, he smiled smuggly and said they were waiting for another 6ft of snow before they do that....let's just pray they only get 4-5ft and enjoy it while we can. aloha

Brian

So our fear is confirmed. You heard it from the man. They're just waiting for more snow to carve out two big jumps that only Danny Kass and a few others can actually use to full potential. Bumber!!!!!! :mad:

Gary and June riders

I wanted to add to this info concerning Gunsmoke, I met the "outside/off-site operations" manager for June Mt., his name was Mike (do not recall his last name) at Roberto's in Mammoth on Sun. eve. I introduced myself and asked about Gunsmoke and the jumps that are planned. He agreed that about the reasons we've discussed, the value and the few peeps that can and do attempt once completed and the only justification/reason is the photos for the magazines.

Everyone should contact Carl Williams, manager at June about the jumps at the Customer Service desk on the second floor and continue to ride Gunsmoke and ride hard. aloha

Brian