Note to New Members ×

Daron Rahlves helmet cam

kjl

This might be the first banner ad I've ever clicked on.

Have you guys seen this: http://www.redbullcopilot.com/? Requires a fast machine and at least DSL.

Helmet cam, chase cam, ski mount cam, and helicopter views of Daron Rahlves on a downhill run. Very cool. Amazing how good of a shock absorber the human body is: the ski cam footage is crazy (he really leans it over) and the helmet cam footage is rock solid smooth.

The ski-mount cam (6) is the coolest one; the horizon goes to 90 degrees on some turns. I think we can all appreciate that ;)

I saved it in my Favorites a few weeks ago. It's awesome. I've had the good fortune to talk to him the last two years at the NASTAR Nationals.

Have you checked out the Overall World Cup Points Leaders?

1. Daron Rahlves USA

2. Bode Miller USA

3. Michael Walchofer AUT

and Ted Ligety USA is in 20th.

awesome

yeah...that course is really only steep at the top. Ive run ever stretch of it. hell...at one point its pretty much flat. I had a girlfriend literally get blown backwards by wind on that section once. it was hiliarious.

really, really cool angle from behind/above. them's some big turns!

I was in high school/college when the Crazy Canucks were in their prime. We all wanted to be downhillers.
A really great read: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0788162489/104-8489194-8020737?v=glance&n=283155Miami Herald staff writer Wilson ( Maximum Morphonius ), an avid skier, followed the U.S. downhill ski team for almost two years, leading up to the 1992 Winter Olympics in Albertville, France. Carefully distinguishing between downhill and slalom races (the former is far more dangerous and so more exciting), he describes the conflict between the team's near fanatical commitment to the sport and its unremarkable position in international competition. For example, in the Olympics A. J. Kitt, the top U.S. downhill racer, finished ninth. As the coaches point out, the American media and public care only about victories. Wilson's account is likely to appeal to those interested in skiing at its highest levels, but general readers may be less enthusiastic. Author tour.

post-123-141842210988_thumb.jpg