Note to New Members ×

The Great Minnesota Get Together III

trent

It's that time of year again... yep, I'm already sick of working, and need a day off! (Sorry for the short notice).

If you missed it the last 2 years, this is where we get everyone who carves to come to Welch Village for the day. Yes, it's a weekday, but that means more room and corduroy for us! Start planning your vacation / sickness now.

When: Tuesday, Jan 10th 2006

Where: Welch Village www.welchvillage.com

Time: 10am - ?

Cost: $40 for an all day ticket, plus any food or beverages.

Who: Anyone you know who likes to dig trenches. All abilities are welcome.

Let's meet at 10 by the double chair off of the main chalet and take some group runs down the front hills while waiting for any late sleepers.

Last year there were multiple cameras and video, including a helmet cam. Great chance to showcase your talents - either at carving or digital editing. :D

See you on the hill!

-trent

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of the regulars from tyrol basin driving out to show us how it's done.

Oooh yeah, let's have a carve-off! Who's going to be the Midwest "carve master"? To quote my good pal Curt, "only those that feel they have the skills to ride at ballistic levels should be willing to participate!"

Bring it on!

:smashfrea

As one of the Tyrol Basin regulars I'd love to come up there, and Brent even told me about it before you posted, but I just can't ditch work on a Tuesday right now. Maybe later in the season.......damn it would be fun to ride with a new group of hardbooters.

As one of the Tyrol Basin regulars I'd love to come up there, and Brent even told me about it before you posted, but I just can't ditch work on a Tuesday right now. Maybe later in the season.......damn it would be fun to ride with a new group of hardbooters.

Cough.....cough.......wheeez, don't you feel like you might be coming down with something?

On monday afternoon, make frequent sprints to the restroom while yelling "Oh...No....OH MY......AHHHH....."

When you call in sick on Tuesday, no one will question it.....trust me.

speedzilla, you just signed yourself up for a trip to tyrol later this year.... brent is working on setting up a team competition; as in wi vs mn in a race format. sounds like we'll have to get them to come out for the next "carving cup" too.

don't worry, i already told brent i'd win.... i'd win in the "sliding on your ass down the hill comp". :D

-trent

as training for Tuesday. An email was sent to the G Team kids today. They'd like to come out on Sunday and challenge the adults (primarily Trent) to the longest butt slide.....since they can't skip school to join you on Tuesday (mean parents).

If the weather is good I'll bring the camera....maybe Dave can post the pictures again.

Remember....there is a special "morning only" lift ticket. We usually ride on Milk Run from 9 AM until about noon.

See ya there.....have a good time (cough, wheeze) on Tuesday.

Bubba.....don't you have some carving kids as well down there in Rochester? The G Team kids would love to welcome them up north with some comradery.

Matt

*Cough*

I think I'm coming down with something..

*Sniff*

Will be at Buck on Sunday -

Might be fun to play the "Board Swap" game if anyone else is interested,

or for those who have boards to sell..

Hylands conditions were really wild last night. Soft/Slush from the day froze for fast but surprisingly stable snow conditions. I can't remember the snow EVER making so much noise while carving...(and still having fun).

*CRUUNNNNNCH*

~Karl

OK... I've been watching this for a while and now I must jump in. I don't know anybody here but...

I'd like to come up to Buck or Welch sometime to hook up with you guys but from my place it is a 4 1/2 hr drive at best. I was considering having a my cold get considerably worse Monday night but realized I need to (ski) race with my team Tuesday night here in Iowa.

I'd consider Buck on this Sunday if I could find VERY inexpensive place to crash Saturday night. I'd be happy to share accomodations if others are thinking the same thing!

OLDKEY : I've placed an order with Bomber, not sure when it will show up. Sunday might be a time/place for me to drop off some gear.

Brad Vircks

319-366-2576

i was just out at welch today. conditions for carving were good except for the flat light. the bad news is they set up moguls on jon jon and duds dream (next to dan's dive).

i broke my rear heel of my boot. i was just about to go down dan's dive. i was heading over to the start of the run when my boot popped out of the binding. i clamped the boot back into the binding but it felt really loose. i called it quits and went back to my car. that's when i discovered the crack. wonder how long that had been there.

WTF!!! OVER!

:angryfire

....is Milk Run the entire hill on both sides of the lift? Or is Milk Run just on the right side as you look up the hill where the start gates sit? Do you guys expect any problem carving on Sunday? I always thought Sunday was a safe bet at Buck. :(

As Karl said, we should all bring any extra boards that we might have for sale. I will be posting some of Patrick's boards soon as he just placed an order for his first Donek (Pilot).....gotta pay Sean.

Brad....I'd love to help you with a couch but I have relatives in town this weekend. No hurry on the Race Plates....but would love to get the Carriers in the next week or so. I'm sure your going to love those new TDs.

....is Milk Run the entire hill on both sides of the lift? Or is Milk Run just on the right side as you look up the hill where the start gates sit? Do you guys expect any problem carving on Sunday? I always thought Sunday was a safe bet at Buck. :(

Milk Run is the slope to the right of the quad, which we typically use for racing. Crossroads is the other good carving run on the left side.

I don't think you'll have any problems on Sunday.