Note to New Members ×

Shipping 4807 to Japan

EPIK CARVE

Help!!!! I need to ship a Osin 4807 168cm to Japan. The person said they have gotten boards via USPS EMS. The shipping company tells me the dimensions won't work for USPS and my options are UPS, FedEx or DHL. DHL was $195.00. Does this seem logical? Just looking for imput from you who live or ship to Japan.:smashfrea:confused:

Help!!!! I need to ship a Osin 4807 168cm to Japan. The person said they have gotten boards via USPS EMS. The shipping company tells me the dimensions won't work for USPS and my options are UPS, FedEx or DHL. DHL was $195.00. Does this seem logical? Just looking for imput from you who live or ship to Japan.:smashfrea:confused:

DHL is and always has been a rip off. UPS is also an expensive choice. Fed Ex isn't as bad but it won't be cheap either Bobby Buggs mailed me my RC USPS for like $20, however I had a USA address (FPO) is the recipient Military if so then USPS is the only option (the other's won't actually deliver to an FPO no matter what the say) All but USPS EMS are speed delivery companies which will weigh heavilly in the cost of their service USPS just ges it there

check the USPS site yourself. pack the board the way I detailed in the shipping thread, measure and weigh it (should be about what...65" long?) and check the site or call them

USPS is by far gonna be the cheapest, but there are size restrictions. might be best to just call or better yet package as described and take it to the post office. theyll tell you if it can be shipped and give you an exact amount.

EMS size limits and USPS normal post size limits are different. For normal post the length limit is 105 cm. The EMS limit is 150 cm, I believe. Screwed either way. My martial arts supplier uses both DHL and EMS from Japan and DHL is cheaper than EMS but I think only if you have some sort of corporate account. When I've checked into it from my end I've seen the same ridiculous pricing.