Os2

scotts.Scheinman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jacques Rilliet

Hi Bob and everybody,

Here is my solution (see pictures) to shorten the boot + binding to the maximum.

The system works perfectly for 3 years now!

Note that I had to shorten the bail too, otherwise I could not keep the lever closed.

Some of you may suggest I should use an Intec binding. Unfortunatly this system is waaaaaayyyy too stiff for my style. It prevents me to move on the board and transmit much too much vibrations from the board to the body, even with the super soft TD2 .

Happy new year to all.

Jacques

post-845-141842210931_thumb.jpg

post-845-141842210933_thumb.jpg

post-845-141842210935_thumb.jpg

I've just skimmed this last page and I have a couple brief comments:

- I've never measured it, but I feel like I can get my board up higher than 58 or 64 degrees.

- Don't forget that the board sinks into the snow by some amount.

- When I used to use standard bindings, I would put the toes and heels of the BOOTS as close as possible to the edge without hanging over when viewed from the bird's-eye POV, and I didn't have a problem with the bail. This may be due to the fact that I use higher binding angles than the EC guys - anywhere from 62 to 66 degrees depending on the board width. This put the toe lever mostly out of the way - really only the bail wire would be sticking out past the edge. Again, not a problem, and I assure you I can tilt the board up high.

- To those who say the step-in system is too stiff - this is not an issue any more. You can get soft or extra soft e-rings, and if that isn't enough, you can get the new super gooey <a href="http://bomberonline.com//store/accessories/suspension_kit.cfm">suspension kit</a>. And look at the toe clearance:

photo_setup_boot.jpg

(yes, there is a binding in the picture!)

- When I used to use standard bindings, I would put the toes and heels of the BOOTS as close as possible to the edge without hanging over when viewed from the bird's-eye POV, and I didn't have a problem with the bail. This may be due to the fact that I use higher binding angles than the EC guys - anywhere from 62 to 66 degrees depending on the board width.

Just a question: on my 184mm wide board and my 26.5 foot (small!), I cannot be under 63/58 degrees without having overhang of the boot/bail with Intec system (and Burton Fire's Heel moved inside!).

It sounds really strange that with standard bindings it is possibile to have the same angles: maybe you have small feet too? But, anyway, it sounds strange, with standard bindings.

This put the toe lever mostly out of the way - really only the bail wire would be sticking out past the edge. Again, not a problem, and I assure you I can tilt the board up high.

Yes, the lever is ok: the more you raise the angles, the more the lever go out-of-play but the bail comes in! And if the bail is distant... it can be a problem. I have to admit that F2 Race Titanium's front bails are very close to the boots.

Just a question: are you sure that the angles of the bindings we can see in the picture are 62-66? It seems to be higher, to my eyes...

Thanks a lot for your feedback,

_RicHard

Just a question: on my 184mm wide board and my 26.5 foot (small!), I cannot be under 63/58 degrees without having overhang of the boot/bail with Intec system (and Burton Fire's Heel moved inside!).

It sounds really strange that with standard bindings it is possibile to have the same angles: maybe you have small feet too? But, anyway, it sounds strange, with standard bindings.

My boots are 28.5, and I would surely have overhang at 58 degrees on a 184mm wide board. I would have to be at about 66 degrees.

Yes, the lever is ok: the more you raise the angles, the more the lever go out-of-play but the bail comes in! And if the bail is distant... it can be a problem.

The bail wire itself was never a problem for me. Perhaps where I ride (eastern US - "ice coast") the board does not sink into the snow as much.

Just a question: are you sure that the angles of the bindings we can see in the picture are 62-66? It seems to be higher, to my eyes...

The binding angle in that picture is about 66 (can't say exactly to the degree with Bombers). That's a 185mm wide board.

Jacques,

I've seen the modification you did to your TD2 levers on the EC site and wanted to ask back then (but did not) the following: what is that strange flat thing that you duck-taped to the bent levers? And more importantly, what is the purpose of that?

Thanks,

István

Guest Jacques Rilliet

Hi Istvan,

I've seen the modification you did to your TD2 levers on the EC site and wanted to ask back then (but did not) the following: what is that strange flat thing that you duck-taped to the bent levers? And more importantly, what is the purpose of that?

It's a piece of plastic used to adjust the way the binding closes.

Jack,

To those who say the step-in system is too stiff - this is not an issue any more. You can get soft or extra soft e-rings, and if that isn't enough, you can get the new super gooey suspension kit.

I have the extra soft e-ring and I tested the new suspension kit. The comfort is very impressive but the overall binding flex is still to stiff for me with the Intec (I still keep some play with my standard TD2).

Jacques

I have the extra soft e-ring and I tested the new suspension kit. The comfort is very impressive but the overall binding flex is still to stiff for me with the Intec (I still keep some play with my standard TD2)

Holy cow! How much play are we talking about? Your boot must be able to roll side to side in the binding, yes? Are you saying the standard bails <i>without</i> the suspension kit are less stiff than step-ins <i>with</i> the suspension kit? I can't imagine that.

they are softer than the older cateks

as far as flex goes maybe even softer than the TD2 with the red e-ring, totally different feel though the best way I can describe it is that the OS2 loads up and feels snappier than the TD2 kinda like comparing Origional super carve or Seismic trucks to Randals, just a different feel.

Once I get the cateks all dialed in I will probably prefer those, but the true test is gonna come when its icey and nasty out, in those conditions the TD2 might come out on top, will let you all know what I think