Note to New Members ×

any Ipod experts

Bobby Buggs

I have not been overly pleased with my pod experience.

Got a Mini and the scroll wheel failed causing major static. They replaced it in 2 days which was impressive but the one they sent me back had Horrible battery life. We are talking 2 hours with a over night charge. I called them since it was only 2 months after I got it only to find out the warranty was only on the First units purchase date and it was over :mad:

I found online a place that sells replacement batts and includes the tools and instructions.

Still get very limited play time after a full charge.

Any Ideas?

Guest rphillips

Apple had major issues with the batteries on the second and third generation iPods. They sent letters to all owners and replaced them for no cost. I'm really surprised that they are still having issues with the minis. I own one, but have had no problems. Since faulty batteries are something they are very familiar with, I would contact their support department (not the store, they are horrible there), and see what can be done. Ask to speak to a manager and explain the situation - regardless of warranty date, it would rediculous for them to not address this.

Between my girlfriend and I we have had a total of 5 minis. Sent two back for battery issues, and the ones we got in return were only marginally better. The other one simply stopped working.

Here is what you need to know...

There was a lawsuit that apple settled relating to the Mini and its abysmal battery performance. It may or may not be worth your time (I decided against it), but go here if you's like to learn more:

http://www.appleipodsettlement.com/

At the end of the day, the Mini was a bad product. The Nano is a replacement device that has a battery life 4X as long and is a much better player all around...

to be reset, this involves completly discharging the capacitors by disconnecting the battery

many of the ipods people have replaced batteries on actually did not need it.

I have one now that has a crappy battery, of the seven or so that I have switched out batteries for this is the only one that really has had a battery that was next to useless.

apple care is $50 for a ipod and covers just about everything, more people should get it.

Ditto on Creative products, they make really good stuff. Fruit is good eating, not for making good music.

My buddy works for Creative across town, so I get to hear the latest news on new products.

I've got an SB Audigy 2ZS soundcard with Creative MegaWorks THX 5.1 550 speakers to listen to music and play online games...very nice.

--Hugh

The Definitive 24-bit ADVANCED HD Gaming Solution with 8 Channel 108dB SNR for Unsurpassed Audio Fidelity™

The THX® certified Sound Blaster® Audigy™ 2 ZS delivers 24-bit ADVANCED HD™ audio, 108dB SNR clarity across 8 channels, and is the only available PC platform to deliver Advanced Resolution™ 24-bit DVD-Audio playback in 24-bit/192kHz stereo and 24-bit/96Khz 5.1 surround. With EAX® 4.0 ADVANCED HD™ effects, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS produces clear, ultra-realistic sound in supported games and multi-channel playback in 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 with over 400 existing DirectSound 3D® games.