Note to New Members ×

New Idea for Stomp Pad

Guest Randy S.

As Pat has mentioned.....the Test Pilot stomp pads are the best thing going. The owner os TP is around Mpls, but I haven't seen him for a few years (as I was trying to buy the company/rights).

I do know where I large stash of these pads are located if folks have trouble finding online.....

Kent

2 methods that work, (1) Rear foot across the binding at the opposite angle, think super duck stance! Usually use this on short rope tows or lesser angle ramps. (2) Step in, if you have 'em, as you get off the chair. A little practice will make this second nature, and even if you miss, your toe is under the front bail. Why I have intecs!

Randy - I have on my boards what you are looking for. The problem may be in getting more of them. I was able to buy a few last season and at the time I was asked how many boxes did I want? I like these as they do no interfere when packing for travel or need to be removed when its time to have a base grind.

Labeled as "clear stomp pad . . . transparent traction". Cliff Ahumada turned me on to these. These were sold by Test-Pilot www.testpilotgear.com and they are not shown on their web site. I sent an e-mail late yesterday and if I do not get a reply today I will give them a call and post up their reply.

Otherwise, you may have to consider some rubber ducky "no-slip" bath tub appliques http://www.alwaysbrilliant.com/aa/aspx-productpage/pid-641/dt-20051203/dpc-19/pd-42417/Tub/&/bb/Tub_&_Tile_Appliques.htm

Pat, I was on the test pilot site and certainly didn't see what you were referring to. They had two stomp pads but none in the $9 category. Do you have a pic of the stomp pad you mentioned?

Their web site is supposedly under construction and these are available via phone or e-mail. They also threw in a sample pack of "Race Paste" high fluro past wax and a cool "Test Pilot" black on chrome oval sticker 1-1/4" x 4-1/2".

"Clear Cut Stomp Pad" measures 5-3/4" wide x 8" long and no thicker than a credit card with a light surface texture; kind of like a 120 grit.

• 5 weeks later...

To solve this problem, I just put a few of the clear stomp pad dots on my board in front of the rear binding. You can't really see them, and they just act to knock the snow and ice off and prevent slippage. They are also really small, so probably wouldn't stick in a grinding...

-C

I'm painfully cheap at times, and I have two stomp pad methods that I use:

1. Double-face Scotch tape sticks well enough to hold a sheet of material to a board. I have an old 1/4 inch thick foam typewriter pad that I've cut into stomp pads and held with the tape. They've stayed stuck for several sessions of riding, but also come off easily if you want them out of the way.

2. Walmart ('the evil empire") sells 2mm thick self-stick foam sheets in the arts and crafts department. Comes in various colors including black. This stuff sticks very well and makes a stomp pad just as good as the ones you can buy. I forget the price, but it's cheap, maybe a dollar or so for a 9x12 inch sheet.

....Wolf