Note to New Members ×

Boot Stiffening

RobRidesSquaw

I have a little bit of a problem,

I ordered some new boots a while ago (a couple months) from head through a local shop. THe boots are not going to be here in time for the copper RTTC. So, i am going to have to use my boots from last year which are pretty soft, Deeluxe Lemans. Is there any way to stiffen them up a little bit. I was thinking about a booster strap, is it worth it, or should i just deal with the boots for this race and then switch to the heads after the race?

-Rob

Hey Rob, I've got some of the really stiff "racing" tongues for the Lemans/SB series Raichles. They would be noticeably stiffer than the stock ones. If you happen to be a 28+, I'd be happy to lend them to you. If you have smaller feet, you might find someone else around here to lend you the stiff tongues.

Mark

Guest Randy S.

Rob, are you down on the Bay Area at all these days? I'm leaving for the UK on Sunday, but if you want to come by, I may have a set of stiff tongues or you can try on my Heads. If they fit, I'd loan them to you for the races (I'm a 10E shoe, 27 or 27.5 (can't remember) Head.

Is Elite Feet selling Heads again this season? I hope so. I'll be back on 11/27 and coming to Tahoe the first weekend of December if that is in time for the races. Let me know if I can help.

Randy

Rob, are you down on the Bay Area at all these days? I'm leaving for the UK on Sunday, but if you want to come by, I may have a set of stiff tongues or you can try on my Heads. If they fit, I'd loan them to you for the races (I'm a 10E shoe, 27 or 27.5 (can't remember) Head.

Is Elite Feet selling Heads again this season? I hope so. I'll be back on 11/27 and coming to Tahoe the first weekend of December if that is in time for the races. Let me know if I can help.

Randy

Hey, i am in the bay right now, i am leaving for copper on friday. My boot is a size 26.

Elite Feet is selling heads, that is where i am getting mine. Give christian a call and he'll hold a pair for you.

If the timing works out for you i would be stoked to try your heads or find a stiffer tounge. I'll send you a email with my phone number, but thanks a lot dude.

-Rob

Rob:

You need to race and your local shop should support you. I think Bomber has the Stratos Pro in stock. So, when you land in Colorado visit your now local alpine digs , just pick them up at the Racers' party.:cool: You can also check with the folks at All Boards Sports. Remember that Larry is round the corner to fit the boots for you too. I will call this necessity buying. Support those that support you.

Rugger