Note to New Members ×

F2 Silberpfiel

scotts.Scheinman

I think it's awesome. I rode the 172...I think. It was last year at the Aspen SES. Of all the boards I tried, it was hands down the best. It is softer flexing and very smooth. It held well and felt solid yet was nice in softer snow. Now, I weight 145 so a softer flexing board has very little downside for me.

but, I'll express it here for you too....I love my Silberpfiel, been riding it for the last 3 seasons and it is the one board in my quiver that will put a smile back on my face no matter what kind of day I'm having. After 3 seasons on this board the guys down at the local shop are still amazed at the camber left in this board (I've got about 60 days on it) When this one finally wears out I'm going to get a new one, and I'm thinking about adding a SL to my quiver this season as well. You'll find detractors here on Bomber over the F2's, but would Bomber themselves sell them if they didn't like them? :rolleyes: Good luck with your decision,

Have fun,

Paul

p.s. My boards a 168cm, I'm 6'2", 195lbs

post-857-141842206438_thumb.jpg

For thoes people who have rode this board i just want to get some feedback on it..

Your weight? Height? I am 5'9" and 205lbs and thought the board was on the soft side for me. I could rail tight turns all day long but felt very limited. I think a Con shox would have would have greatly helped (considering my weight) but they are not easy to find. I wound up buying different boards to serve the purpose and sold the Silberpfeil.

As always, demo before you buy if possible.

P.S. - I was riding a 172

Your weight? Height? I am 5'9" and 205lbs and thought the board was on the soft side for me. I could rail tight turns all day long but felt very limited. I think a Con shox would have would have greatly helped (considering my weight) but they are not easy to find. I wound up buying different boards to serve the purpose and sold the Silberpfeil.

As always, demo before you buy if possible.

P.S. - I was riding a 172

I am 5'10" 150 lbs...I ride a 162 and love it!

I agree very much about all said about the Silberpfiel 172. BUT thats the 02/03 and 03/04 models. That was then a new sandwich construction. The two later models got a new stiffer core and flexpattern and it transformed the board from a magic carpet to a much more aggresiv slalomboard feel.

To sum it up: Get the older model like the one in the pic.

(Before 02/03 it was a pure cap-construction - also a different board.)

i love my F2. i first saw my dad riding it and he cut some serious turns with so i was next on the list. at first i found it a difficult board to ride because i was still learning to really comit to the turn and i would either go down in the turn because of a lack of trust or i would not be able to get it into the turn on my heel side. after about 2or 3 hours however as i gained trust in myself, i was able to real dig in and lay down turns like i never had before. after riding it more and more i grew to love the board. it doesn't seem like a good board to learn on but hey what do i know!!

i highly recommend!!