Note to New Members ×

What's on your High-Tech Wish List?

Guest Randy S.

Acer Ferrari 4005WLMi (not a car)

T-Mobile MDA (also Qtek s100, o2 xda mini etc)

Optoma H79 Projector

Solo Jumbo Electronic Pet Door (Logan always goes during a movie !!!!!)

And one o' them darn hoverboard thingys (notice the kids shadow is mysteriously absent)

post-146-141842206436_thumb.jpg

Nah, I like my Ferraris to be mid-engined. Besides, you could confuse the Superamerica with a C6 Corvette at a glance. The 360 Modena is The One.

I like my Ferraris with the proper number of cylinders - 12. Although I concede that if I were to receive a Modena as a gift, I might deign to drive it. Certainly neither of them hold a candle to my '91 MPV. Long live the race-van!

Harmon Kardon Ipod Kit

According to the website, the Harmon Kardon iPod kit isn't available yet.

If you want the in-car solution that will give you CD quality sound from your iPod and you want it now, you can go with this:

Neo iON iPod Adaptor

I installed the Neo iOn adaptor in my 2006 Mazda3. It was a simple 30 min operation. I can skip from track to track by using the steering wheel controls.

With the combo of my 20 GB color iPod and the Neo iOn adaptor, I was able to rid my car of all CD's :biggthump

Guest SpecRaceM5
-Kevlar motorcycle shirt from Draggin' Jeans!

-SLI-capable motherboard with dual 7800 GTX cards (not that anyone will be giving me that)

-Xbox 360 (see comment above)

-Landyachtz carbon fiber drop-through and lowered downhill board.

I second your desire for the Landyacht. thats the cf deck correct? If not you need to check it out. Its amazing. My friend just got some trucks from them and loves them.

Some things I want...

Apple G5 desktop or Powerbook

New PC

Cannon Digital Reble

Burton Cartel Bindings

Raichle SB413's

Burton Board Case

Pretty much anything for my car at the moment.

A beater Toyota 2wheel drive truck.

Season pass to June Mnt.

Someone mentioned rich girlfriend..that would be nice too. But i must add, one that is perfect. I was going to go into details, but perfect just seemed easier.:D

Ummm....if I had that stuff I would be happy. I wont get any of it minus the Bindings, boots or bag, but its all good. Going to Hawaii for 10 days so its hard to complain.

Meh. Not much on my toy list. If the job changes I'm hoping for come through, a powerbook so I can work on the go. A reference set of headphones (Senn 650's + amp most likely). A mp3 player, maybe ipod nano, maybe that keen looking iriver u10. Maybe borrow an xbox 360 to play my buddy's latest game. A 30mm 1.4 lense for the dslr.

They're all pretty low priority though. I'm glad I got the gadget urge out of my system a couple years ago... it just ends up being a time and dollar suck. I've been cleaning lately and am finding piles of past gadgets and projects. Palm pilots, etc. Stuff I coveted at the time but used all of a week. I'm now proud of the fact that my cell phone is an old tank of a flip phone that doesn't even have a color screen let alone pictures and video. Good riddance.

Then I get to snowboard all I want, spend lots of time with my daughter and wife, and never work :)
in that order? :P

Eminent Technology Model 17 subwoofer.

ummmmm .. . . plays down to one Hz at 110 db!!! Saweet!

http://www.eminent-tech.com/RWbrochure.htm

Interesting. I didn't know Danley's patent from the Vortex driver expired. Not much fun for more than a gimic when it rolls off at 40hz tho.

Anyhow, you might have more fun with the LABsub. 130dB from 30hz and up at 1 watt 1 meter. Over 140dB at 30hz and up with less than 1% THD. Flat group delay from 30hz on up. Tops out at 150hz or so giving a lot of crossover options. Stupidly loud low distortion bass that can keep up with transients.