Note to New Members ×

full loop on a alpine board

Guest nic

I thought I read somewhere on here someone did one. I've come within a 6-12" of completing one. I needed a ton of speed on pretty firm / fast snow. And did it toward the bottom of the run where it had less pitch so as to not lose speed when turning up hill.

Guest Tim Tuthill

Theres a guy in Seattle that does it. I saw him at Sun Valley a few years ago. He was going down Warm Springs, hit I 80 and did a full lay out and kept on going with missing a beat. Did not catch up with him to meet him??

I'm guessing that nic is not talking about carving a 360, because he can probably do much more than that himself (720+?).

I was just talking to someone about doing a loop yesterday. I was MTB'ing at Mountain Creek where they have this loopy looking thing in their water park. We were wondering if you took a surface that can be snowboarded on and applied it the whole way around if you could loop or not. I have never seen it done, but I would love to try it if someone sets something up.:biggthump

That would then be the next question. If I ever had the expertise (which I don't) or the cajones (which I definitely don't) to try something like this I think I'd prefer to go into the loop toeside. I've seen it done on a skateboard while watching "blue torch t.v." or some other board show and also the wrecks from the attempts too. Pretty gnarly, especially if you lose it at the top of the loop....which some guy did and knocked himself a good one.... :(

Do not attempt at home, stunt performed by a professional on a closed course....

Have fun,

Paul

post-857-141842206423_thumb.jpg

I remember seeing it in a video made by straight jacket films, I think it came out in 01. If anyone makes one in Utah, I'll totally try it. Maybe a good place for one would be in a natural halfpipe, a little gully with some walls already built up. The Canyons has a few good ones, maybe Canis Lupis. I think that's where "the hole" was in the Ski Patrol movie. That's also where the banked slalom is held there every year, so you can get some speed. I've got an avalanche shovel ready anytime!

I remember seeing it in a video made by straight jacket films, I think it came out in 01. If anyone makes one in Utah, I'll totally try it. Maybe a good place for one would be in a natural halfpipe, a little gully with some walls already built up. The Canyons has a few good ones, maybe Canis Lupis. I think that's where "the hole" was in the Ski Patrol movie. That's also where the banked slalom is held there every year, so you can get some speed. I've got an avalanche shovel ready anytime!

I'd be surprised if someone hasn't tried it at the DC MTN Lab in Utah...it's something the DC guys would definatly be behind