Ray

How do you choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How do you choose?

• I choose equipment exceeding my current abilities/talent
    • I choose equipment matching my current abilities/talent
    • I choose equipment below my current abilities/talent
    • I choose not to care, I don't have any talent anyway

I am always riding boards that I shouldn't be. I am very curious about different board qualities and have a need to know, so, I ride stuff.

Daneille

at this point I have been on alot of gear and one of the most challenging rides in the wrong conditiontions was one of my own boards that was a custom for me, I tend to like boards that need alot input and generally long with a couple exceptions.

I am willing to bet most of my boards were intended for a rider above the level I was at until I was on them for a season or so starting with my alp, I sucked back in the day.

Some of my boards transformed the way I rode some because I had to really give them my all to get them to work and others worked so well they gave me confidence.

the more boards I try out the better I am able to find the feel for my dream board and its just plain fun to ride new gear and find new challenges be it trying to get low on a 197 or keeping a 167 under control at high speeds so probably I will be draining my checking account until I am forced stop riding due to injury or something.

Guest Tim Tuthill

I gotta figure that the Burners and Hot Blasts are over my head some times. I know that the Burton 173 FP was not a good board and I did progress after getting the Hot boards?? Ray, You were there, what say you???