Note to New Members ×

Ahhh... Burton Pro Form! BUNK!

Bordy

Just venting....Every year I get Outerwear on Form from Burton and every year they send me e-mail...... days or weeks after I have ordered to tell me they are out of this or that and then I have to scramble for gear!

This happens every year.

Has any one else had similar experances? :mad: :(

Guest dragon fly jones

They make some good clothes. See'm never get'm.

You would think that the world's biggest snowboard brand would have enough for the on snow pro's to outfit themselves in Burto's gear, they do want us to be in the brand don't they? They want business yeah? They want it yes they do, come now take it, take it take our business please please.

Sorry almost went onto a rant there.

Billy Lunch or dinner in two weeks?

DFJ I am always in give me a call when your here. Copper camp is 4 weeks away!!!

Jon, I have been a burton boy for just to long... I get lots of other clothing options but have always stuck by the Burton gear and I end up sending it back also for the lifetime warrenty. I am just so mad right now every year I pick some sweet offit to be extra stezzy only to find my self in burtons hands hoping I can get what ever In a size that may or may not fit.

My team has 686 as a sponsor and I work for billabong I have options but I keep going back for the AK gear.....This may be the last year.

What burns me even more is when I bump into some shop guy with 3k worth of pro form gear and he got every thing he ordered and puts in a whole 15 days a year, and then sells it all on E-bay and makes his money back I am out every day rocking there product representing....as a pro and I get spanked by the man

Bunk.

Yea. I almost rocked pink pants this year for real. But the models they make in pink are weak. :D

Yea I always select other under the reason for form box.. Maybe if I checked Instructor I would get more love? Burton wants the first person you meet the first day you ride to be part of the Firm.

Every year during sundance they come in with the VIP setups for the "famous" folk they always bring out next years gear (which is cool because I get to ride it all) And give the Famous Folk all this burton gear. Best thing is most of them do not ride so they always end up paying some shop rat 50 bucks for a lesson and then tipping or giving them their offits. I watched a famous Hollywood couple just leave full AK clothing offits(head to toe, underware the works!) on the rental bench and just go I dont need this stuff any more anyone want it!

But I can't get(AND Pay FOR) a set of pants to train in with out calling a friend at corprate? :confused:

I have been a burton boy since day 1....1992. I have never had a problem getting anything or having any problems with their clothing. My last jacket, I beleive it was the first year of AK lasted me 9 years granted the last 2 it was not as waterproof. My pants also AK have given with 5 years without any problems. So this year I am going back to burton.

Neil,

Last year I was really into the Gore-tex XCR I train in the morning and hike most afternoons so the XCR fabric breaths great and the Buton fit keeps me dry and snow free no matter what type of riding I am doing. I live in Utah so pow days are plentiful :biggthump so fit is key. And I get the super cool guy form so an outfit is around 300. The burton gear does work great. It has some snowboard specific features I enjoy. My gear gets pretty trashed each year so I need a new set every year. This year I am keeping last years gear to train gates in and the new gear for all the Hardbooter stuff, and to free ride in. I am going to look around for next year. Plus its just so easy to deal with the same company over and over. I think I have been Riding Burton gear since the mid eighties. Perhaps there is some loyalty as well? :confused:

II know I may need to move on... Its like Breaking up with a super hot chick thats no fun.......

She hot and all and maybe I can make it work well.. cuz shes so hot..But you know you need to find something better. I may need to enter a program!!!

Billy.

PS look foward to the specs I can't find the note book I wrote them in? The article and the video to go with the reveiw are done we just need to get them up!

II know I may need to move on... Its like Breaking up with a super hot chick thats no fun.......

She hot and all and maybe I can make it work well.. cuz shes so hot..But you know you need to find something better. I may need to enter a program!!!

Billy.

PS look foward to the specs I can't find the note book I wrote them in? The article and the video to go with the reveiw are done we just need to get them up!

has I have always said "no matter how hot a chick is there is always somebody out there who is sick of %#$^&*( her"

And I get the super cool guy form so an outfit is around 300.

That's pretty good if you're getting the AK stuff. MEC has several different XCR designs, probably $CDN500-600 for jacket & pants, none snowboard-specific though. Their snowboard-specific design (Gravitate) is in Entrant EV and is a lot cheaper, $CDN330 for jacket & pants.

Last I checked a few years ago, a Burton AK jacket was $CDN700 here.

from my experience with burton, both the pro form and shop form, they really only take care of you if you work in a coalition shop, aka-a shop that spent, i think around $100,00. I got sick of the " sorry, we're out of all of the 8 things you want in every color" i kept getting from the mighty burton. my advice is work the pro angle with other companies, most will give you some sort of discount and the gear is usually better.

Guest Ninjette

I have to second Bola's mention of Arc'teryx... the stuff is awesome.... pricey but well worth it. The jackets are kind of broken up into two areas... ascent (going up such as ice climbing ... sans powder skirts) and decent (going down - with skirts...) no pun intended... :eek:

Go to their web site and check it out.. being a local retail slut so to speak, I recommend lots of this stuff. Patagonia is also doing some great gear these days too...

If you are able to proform/ prodeal it. That's even better. I have had great luck with them. :1luvu:

Waterproofing-check out Nik products-they have things to refresh your waterproofing-any product that comes "waterproofed" will not stay that way. I usually rewaterproof all our gear before the season starts

All Nik products are at REI or rei.com

Burton gear is expensive. I find that, for the money, Columbia usually gives me a better fit and has all the nice venting options. Plus, at least around here, you can grab some items on sale in March or Oct before the retailers put out their snow stuff for the coming season. Sam grabbed some great Columbia pants, Gore-tex lined with side vents, last year...

I go for bibs, myself...

I have a Burton helmet and some leather impact gloves from Burton, but that's about it....

I personally love the looks I get, sitting in bibs with my Columbia parka and Smith goggles at the lodge, talking to skiiers and then getting up and grabbing my snowboard....It's the "I thought you were one of the chosen, too" looks

My Burton pants suck up water better than Bounty. I really need to get off my wallet and get something else, I guess it has been four years since I've gotten them.

That was pretty funny. Reminds me of a gore tex jacket that I started calling my absorbtex jacket as it aged not as nicely as fine wine.

I have to second Bola's mention of Arc'teryx... the stuff is awesome.... pricey but well worth it. The jackets are kind of broken up into two areas... ascent (going up such as ice climbing ... sans powder skirts) and decent (going down - with skirts...) no pun intended... :eek:

Go to their web site and check it out.. being a local retail slut so to speak, I recommend lots of this stuff. Patagonia is also doing some great gear these days too...

If you are able to proform/ prodeal it. That's even better. I have had great luck with them. :1luvu:

i have had good luck with the arc'teryx stuff too. i have the pants, everything stays bone dry. i tried the nik waterproofer on the burton pants, the wash in stuff and the spray on. didnt work. i was pissed cause i had just bought them and already i was waterproofing during the first season. anybody want to buy a pair of burton ak pants? hardly worn? ha ha... when my burton mitts wear out i will replace with something non-burton.

Its Funny i Was on the burton team in Canada for 6 years, and never had a problem with them. Time to time they would sent me a proform for extra gear that i needed, but allways got my stuff no problem. Burton has gone very down hill, they were so cool and made such great gear before. See now Burton is more intrested in MONEY then riders. The did have your stuff when you ordered but sent it to Kmart instead.

Burton makes me want to :barf:

So, I am officially done with burton. I'm a canadian instructor and get the "super" proform from burton-the normal proform discount plus 20%. I now live in the U.S. I just attempted to place an order, but since I have a canadian proform card, according to burton, the items must be shipped to canada. Since I do not have an address in canada, I was told that I cannot order anything. If I want a U.S. profrom card I should join aasi(I'll snowboard in hell before I ever do that). What gets to me is that they sent the card to my U.S. address and are now acting surprised like they didn't know I wasn't in canada anymore.

Nothing like the company who claims they are for snowboarders supporting riders. I'm sure my vow to never again use, buy or recommend Burton won't matter much. For every one of us who realizes Burton is crap I'm sure there's 20 trendy kids lining up to drop a grand on a plaid outfit.

Just felt the need to vent. :AR15firin BURTON

:flamethro

That was pretty funny. Reminds me of a gore tex jacket that I started calling my absorbtex jacket as it aged.

Yeah I was rocking a GoreTex Northface Mountain Light with the zip in liner and a pair of Japanese snow pant found on discount...the Pants still rock but my Jacket has just about had it (4 years of lots of use) I picked up 2 Spyder jackets for the wife and I (last years Conquest from the looks) for almost nothing in Hong Kong, I also snagged a Mountain Hardware windstopper fleece (very nice) in Korea which I may have to get a shell to match (talk about money)...what I need though is a bib pant which I haven't yet found one that I like that I can afford :(